FTI Consulting Shares Thought Leadership on Key E-discovery Trends at LegalTech New York Conference
February 5th Panels Address Predictive Coding on Common Use Cases, Corporate E-discovery Trends and Global Discovery Issues
"These panels are designed to provide practical insight and advice on the key challenges impacting e-discovery technology and processes," said
The panel sessions, all to be held in the
Better Together: Predictive Coding & Analytics on Three Common Use Cases (
Predictive coding is a powerful tool to help speed legal review, but it isn't a silver bullet. Analytics can help supplement predictive coding by visually clarifying its results, accelerating review of the remaining materials and assisting in trial and deposition preparation. Using a case study approach, industry experts will discuss workflow options incorporating predictive coding and analytics for three key scenarios: Hart-Scott-Rodino Second Requests, internal investigations and post-production trial preparation. Session attendees will learn about:
- key analytics tools available for the legal review process;
- processes needed to supplement the use of predictive coding as part of a defensible legal review workflow; and
- case study examples of predictive coding and analytics working together on a Second-Request, internal investigation and trial prep.
Advice from Counsel: Where Does E-Discovery End and Information Governance Begin? (
For the fifth consecutive year, the "Advice from Counsel" study captures the top e-discovery trends for corporate counsel of Fortune 1000 companies. This year, the study focuses on the intersection of e-discovery and information governance. Both in-house and outside counsel attendees will learn how leading-edge companies are approaching information governance and how this will impact legal processes for years to come. Session attendees will learn about:
- key business drivers and benefits of conducting information governance projects and implementing policies;
- how to leverage e-discovery technology and processes for information governance purposes; and
- advice from peers on developing an information governance action plan.
Even if you are not handling matters in
- the evolving data privacy regulatory environment across
- common cross-border scenarios and key "dos and don'ts" for maintaining data privacy compliance; and
- case studies of recent multinational discovery projects and additional resources.
For more information on these sessions and the panelists, please visit the FTI Technology website. In addition to these educational sessions, FTI Technology will demonstrate Ringtail® e-discovery software in Booth 2110 at the LegalTech New York 2014 conference. For more information on FTI Technology, please visit www.ftitechnology.com.