Acquiring Distressed Debt -- Pricing, Structuring and Navigating the Tax Rules to Maximize the Deal
Looking to take advantage of current market conditions and invest in distressed debt? Many noticeable deals have already taken place in 2010 & 2011.
View the replay of this presentation as our expert panel discusses approaches to buying and working with distressed debt and strategies to leverage current tax rules to your advantage that enable the deal to get done.
- Pricing Experience to-date
- Ways in which Risk/Reward is Factored in
- Volume Expectations for 2012
- Effect of Different Loan Resolution Strategies on Pricing and Risk
- How to Underwrite Effectively
- Understanding the Debtor’s Perspective
- Should I Foreclose or Modify the Debt?
- Dealing with OID and Market Discount
- Restructuring Debt—Avoiding Phantom Taxable Income
- Partnership Debt for Equity Swaps—not so simple with new IRS rules
- Special Issues for REITs, Tax-Exempt and Foreign Creditors
Who Should Attend:
- Acquisition Directors
- General Counsel
- Tax Directors
- Chief Accounting Officer
A Q&A session will follow the Webinar.
Please join our expert panel for this informative discussion.
VIEW THE REPLAY