FTI Consulting helps banks and financial services clients of all sizes and types navigate through a constantly changing environment of financial services regulations and enforcement actions, litigation threats, and economic and competitive challenges. We work with clients to manage risk, ensure compliance, resolve regulatory inquiries as they arise, and leverage their assets to protect and enhance enterprise value. Our team is composed of highly respected CPAs, attorneys, economists, bankers, forensic specialists, technology professionals, strategic communications experts, policymakers and former bank and securities regulators — all of whom have extensive financial services industry knowledge and experience.
Regulatory & Compliance
The regulatory and compliance professionals at FTI Consulting are former regulators and bankers with the practical experience and knowledge to efficiently navigate the regulatory landscape. We help clients assess risk and develop and evaluate regulatory compliance systems. FTI Consulting also assists clients with responding to inquiries and investigations by regulatory agencies, including federal and state bank regulators, European regulatory authorities, the SEC, HUD, FinCen and FINRA.
Based on our extensive experience in the banking and financial services industries, we have a highly refined understanding of current, critical regulatory issues and a track record of identifying practical and effective solutions before they escalate into crises. Our regulatory and compliance services include:
- Regulatory risk assessments
- Fair lending reviews
- Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering; Office of Foreign Assets Control program development and reviews
- Management and corporate governance reviews
- Anti-bribery and foreign corruption (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act/U.K. Bribery Act) investigations
- Compliance program design and training
- Assistance with preparation of living will plans
Risk Management & Credit Risk Governance
FTI Consulting is a recognized leader in the development and assessment of state-of-the-art, enterprise-wide risk management frameworks. Our risk management professionals are CPAs, economists, bankers, forensic specialists and related financial professionals. The risk management team has expertise in compliance, credit risk, liquidity, operational risk, model validation and analysis, transactional due diligence, asset valuation and information technology.
We offer a full suite of enterprise risk management and credit-related services. They include:
- Independent risk management evaluations
- Credit process design and credit policy reviews
- Model validation and analysis
- Capital- and liquidity-related analyses
- Loan portfolio/credit quality/asset management reviews
- Enterprise risk management system implementation
- Stress testing of key assumptions and models
- Operational risk assessments and management
Accounting Reporting & Valuation
We provide comprehensive accounting, financial reporting and valuation services to financial institutions, including analysis and implementation of complex accounting rules (both U.S. GAAP and IFRS). Our accounting professionals also prepare, analyze and review SEC and regulatory filings on behalf of clients.
FTI Consulting offers the following accounting, financial reporting and valuation services:
- Analysis and implementation of complex accounting rules (both U.S. GAAP and IFRS), including evaluation of the requisite systems requirements
- Research and documentation preparation to support client accounting approaches
- Application of FASB’s fair value and impairment requirements to hard-to-value financial assets
- SEC and regulatory filing (call report) reviews, including preparation or review of disclosures
- Allowance for loan losses, or ALLL, analyses and reviews
- Regulatory capital analyses and calculations
- Pre-review of SEC filings and response to comments raised by SEC and/or bank regulators
Corporate Finance & Transaction Advisory Services
FTI Consulting has unmatched experience providing financial and transaction advisory services to financial institutions. We assist clients with all aspects of financial management, including raising capital, planning for the sale or purchase of a business and making other strategic analyses.
Our financial and transaction advisory services include:
- Due diligence on target acquisitions
- Independent valuation of loans, derivatives, securities or entire banks
- Strategic options assessments
- Interim financial management services (CFO, controller, treasurer, etc.)
- Preparation for and response to unsolicited acquisition offers
We support clients during litigation and disputes, including civil and criminal actions filed by the SEC and the Department of Justice, securities class actions, commercial litigation and alleged violations of fiduciary responsibilities or allegations of fraudulent underwriting.
We help quantify and resolve alleged claims and minimize the cost and demands of the litigation process. Our services include:
- Early case assessment and risk analysis, including analysis of class certification issues
- Assistance in the preservation, review and production of requested e-mail and financial data
- Economic analysis of loss causation and damages issues
- Evaluation and re-underwriting of loans and loan pools
- Expert testimony
- Electronic discovery
- Mortgage mediation services, including representation and warranty claims, class certification, and foreclosure process and documentation
Independent Monitoring & Claims Resolution
Because FTI Consulting does not perform audit attestation services, we have unmatched independence and credibility with bank and securities regulators. We are a reputable provider of monitoring and claims resolution services.
We provide independent monitoring and compliance services in connection with regulatory settlements, large-scale restitution funds or class action settlement funds. Specific services include:
- Assuming monitoring assignments, undertakings and remedial actions imposed in connection with regulatory settlements
- Serving as independent monitor or third-party claims administrator for large-scale restitution funds or class action settlement funds
- Functioning as neutral arbitrators and mediators in domestic and international proceedings
We assist a wide range of global clients, from institutional and retail asset managers to insurers, global banking groups, local building societies, hedge funds, exchanges, capital markets infrastructure providers and governments. Our professionals work with clients to build their brands, protect and enhance their reputations, and maximize their valuations.
Our comprehensive suite of integrated communications services includes:
- Corporate communications
- Financial communications
- Public affairs
- Creative engagement
- Strategy consulting & research
Forensic & Investigation Consulting
FTI Consulting advises clients on the enormous growth opportunities created by technological change, new global markets and economies of scale. We also counsel clients on current challenges such as increasing regulatory scrutiny, growing consumer demands for faster service and the need to reduce costs.
Our in-depth understanding of the day-to-day operations of financial services companies — forged by decades of experience in the industry — serves as the foundation of our forensic and investigation services, including:
- Dispute advisory services
- Financial investigations
- International risk and investigations
- Litigation life cycle
- Compliance with securities laws
- Application solutions
- Technology consulting services