Under the best of circumstances, enterprise compliance and risk management programs can degrade over time, primarily because of their scope and complexity and the changing dynamics of the organization. These changes result from a wide range of factors, including changes to underlying regulations, data and process quality issues, deviation from best practices, increased risk factors, legacy systems issues, turnover, and cultural shifts. To remain effective, these programs must be assessed and strengthened regularly.
FTI Consulting Insurance Practice clients look to us as trusted advisors who have the objectivity, broader perspective and specialized expertise needed to quickly assess and resolve problems, and meet business and regulatory objectives.
Our team of insurance consultants help public company clients assess and affirm the integrity of their programs for ongoing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and related SEC rules. We help boards, audit committees, senior executives, and line management address regulatory governance, financial disclosure, internal controls, and the data and process improvements essential for ongoing successful risk management and compliance.
Client Benefits Realized:
- Early identification of problems and recommendations
- Improved ability to leverage the commonalities of various regulatory and risk management programs
- Reduced cost of compliance
- Improved process efficiencies
- Strengthened controls
- Increased data quality
- Increased confidence in the integrity of data, processes, and controls
- Improved confidence in risk decision-making
- Establishment of sustainable compliance frameworks