Compliance & Regulatory Solutions
Government contractors represent considerable opportunities — and potentially significant risks. FTI Consulting has the knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with both the letter and the spirit of government regulations and contract provisions.
Our Service Offerings
DCAA & Regulatory Review with Audit Assistance
- Audit preparation and management
- Assistance with preparation for and coordination of DCAA, DCMA and other regulatory audits.
- Risk assessments, independent reviews and mock audits prior to regulatory audit.
- Pre-award and historical audit support.
- Preparation for and assistance with claim-related audits and reviews.
- Development of DCAA remediation plans (where applicable).
- Incurred cost submissions and related audits.
- Forward pricing (indirect) calculations and reporting of related cost pools.
- TINA and price reduction reviews.
- False Claims Act consulting.
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations.
- Terminations and formal claim appeals before federal Boards of Contract Appeals and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Compliance with Reporting Requirements
- Disclosure statement preparation.
- Preparation of voluntary disclosures, including quantification of exposure.
- Structuring and monitoring of compliance and ethics programs.
- Preparation and review of cost accounting standards.
- Contract administration assistance.
- Contract analysis:
- Proposal preparation and review.
- Cost allowability and allocability under federal cost principles.
- Defective pricing (TINA) and price reduction reviews.
- Time reporting surveys and compliance reviews.
- Termination pricing assistance.
- Assistance with structuring incentives for performance-based contracts.
- General service administration schedule analysis and federal labor law compliance reviews.
Process Management & Compliance
- Assistance with best value analysis.
- Assistance with representations and certifications.
- Assistance with use of weighted guidelines and price negotiations.
- Development of indirect rate structures and submissions.
- Development of cost and pricing strategies in compliance with applicable federal regulations.
- Accounting systems design and review.
- Management systems reviews and assistance.
- Training for financial and program managers.
- GAAP reviews and assistance.
Litigation & Arbitration Services
- Assistance with preparing and defending Requests for Equitable Adjustment and claims, including business interruption, warranty, lost profits, etc.
- Representation before all government procurement and audit agencies.
- Expert testimony and litigation services on cost accounting issues.
- Support in defense of fraud investigations.
Senior Managing Director
Senior Managing Director
Senior Managing Director, Leader of Private Capital Advisory Services
Senior Managing Director, Co-Leader of Construction Solutions