Business Continuity Planning (BCP) & Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP)
FTI Consulting professionals in our Risk Management practice provide practical, best-in-class business continuity planning (BCP) solutions to private sector clients in virtually every industry sector – domestically and globally. For public sector clients – municipalities, counties, states, and sovereign tribal areas – our professionals provide continuity of operations planning (COOP) solutions that help them meet federal and state mandates, advisories and directives for operational recovery. BCP and COOP are fundamental elements of sound operational resilience and underlying practices in assuring that entities can remain “going concerns” after material disruptions. We are independent of all conflicts of interest with auditors, accountants, law firms, insurers, and technology providers that may have a stake in selling other services. The FTI Consulting Risk Management practice excels at BCP and COOP engagements that are solely in the best interest of our clients. We understand client requirements and bring our time-tested methodology and optimal solutions to bear as independent integrators of many third party tools and platforms.
Continuity Planning Imperatives
Clients approach the FTI Consulting Risk Management team to assess and improve their recovery capacity and operational resilience for a variety of reasons.
- Stronger governance, risk management and compliance
- Meeting government directives and global standards
- Sole/single sourcing
- Over-concentration of physical or intellectual assets in a single location
- Lean manufacturing, just-in-time inventorying, consolidation – that creates operational single points of failure risk
- Negative audit comment
- Risk in the global supply chain
- Major loss or claim
- Condition-precedent – BCP required by large customers or investors, as a loan covenant or element of a service level agreement, or as an underwriting requirement by insurers