Integrated Revenue Solutions Epic Services
Healthcare providers that have recently implemented or have considered implementing the Epic systems have done so with aggressive time frames. These can be related to regulatory and compliance pressures. There is also a potential for minimal involvement in system design due to resource and time constraints and therefore many of these implementations become technology focused and do not take full advantage of the opportunity to streamline processes or gain efficiencies. As a result, providers are not fully educated on the available functionality or the implications of various design decisions. Additionally, many of the design decisions are application based and can create issues in other applications.
Implementing Epic through Best Practices
FTI Consulting along with our affiliate Cumberland Consulting, have a dedicated revenue cycle team focused on Epic designs, planning and implementations by leveraging identified areas of optimization. The approach to achieve the expected benefits and efficiencies from transforming processes around technology focuses on the following:
- Rapid review of current state to determine achievable goals
- Educate on leading practices of comparable organizations and the implications of set-up decisions within the Epic environment
- Workflow optimizations to fit needs of organization (hard stops vs. edits) system functionality review
- Determine roles/responsibilities
- Determine work plan to implement or remediate
- Work with your team to implement
- Testing Integrated across the enterprise
- Go-live support
- Post Implementation assessment
Integrating the operations and technology allows the users to understand why they follow a process, not just how to complete the process in Epic.