Insurance Claims: Statement of Qualifications
To Provide Forensic Accounting and Insurance Claims Consulting Services
FTI Consulting’s insurance claims experts have assisted clients with hundreds of large claims totaling billions of dollars. Our professionals are well respected by both policy holders and insurance companies because we prepare comprehensive, logical and well-documented claims that result in reasonable insurance claim settlements. In addition to preparing claims, we have served as testifying experts on many large insurance coverage litigation matters. We also assist our clients on pre-loss matters, such as preparing business interruption values and maximum probable loss studies. Our experts are often invited to speak at insurance conferences such as RIMS and have published many articles on insurance claims topics.
FTI Consulting is uniquely qualified to provide forensic accounting and insurance claims consulting services:
- We have significant industry experience including high technology, manufacturing, hospitality and gaming, retail, real estate, food production, oil and gas, energy, chemicals, hospitals, transportation, medical devices, mining and others.
- We have prepared numerous large complex property and business interruption claims involving earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, floods, tornadoes, terrorist attacks, builders risk, equipment breakdowns, product recalls, and others.
- We have offices around the globe including most major cities in the U.S. as well as Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paolo, Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Mexico City, Toronto, London and Paris among others. We have experience preparing claims across the globe, including claims in Brazil, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Angola, Libya, the UK, France, Italy, Netherlands and other E.U. countries.
- Our team includes insurance industry and claims experts, Big 4 accountants, Ph.D. economists and statisticians and industry experts.
- We have construction industry professionals with significant experience establishing construction timelines and determining replacement costs.
- We have extensive experience preparing claims in connection with data breaches and cyber-attacks, political risk claims, E&O, product defects and liability claims.
- We rely on a collaborative approach, working closely with company management, the insurance broker, and legal counsel, to prepare creative, detailed and convincing insurance claims at a reasonable cost.