- Senior Managing Director
- T: +61 2 8247 8019
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Level 15, 50 Pitt Street
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- T: +61 2 8247 8000
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Bachelor of Commerce (Ag Ec), Sydney University
- Chartered Accountant
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- NSW Farm Writers
- Agricultural Association of Australia
Ben Waters is a Senior Managing Director in the agribusiness industry team within the Corporate Finance/Restructuring practice of FTI Consulting, and he is based out of Sydney, Australia.
Mr. Waters joined FTI Consulting after 14 years with one of Australia’s leading corporate restructuring and advisory firms where he gained in-depth experience and insight across a wide range of formal insolvency and informal advisory projects. Mr. Waters has directed numerous trade-on matters, asset sales and independent advisory projects within the beef (including stud stock and feed lotting), dairy, horticulture, cotton, irrigated fodder and broad-acre cropping sectors. Furthermore, he has experience across the agriculture supply chain, including the processing and accumulation of agricultural products.
During 2012 and 2013, Mr. Waters undertook a 15-month assignment at one of Australia’s largest banks, during this time he managed a portfolio of distressed borrowers across a range of agricultural industries allowing him to gain valuable insight into the relationship between lenders and their agricultural borrowers.
In addition to agriculture, Mr. Waters also has formal insolvency and advisory experience across several other industries including infrastructure, property and significant experience in the management of debenture issuers and associated asset portfolios.
Mr. Waters grew up in Northern NSW on a sheep, cattle and mixed cropping property and now runs his own self replacing beef herd on a property in the same area. He has held a number of industry roles in wool, beef cattle production, cotton and broad acre cropping.
Mr. Waters is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
Notable recent agribusiness engagements:
- Independent review of a 300,000 ha property in NW QLD carrying 20,000 head of cattle;
- Independent review of a 6,000 head feedlot in central NSW;
- Independent review leading Brahman stud and associated commercial herd in Northern NSW;
- Independent review and ongoing monitoring of a cattle, cotton and horticulture enterprise in Western NSW;
- Receivership of viticulture and rice properties in Southern NSW;
- Receivership of a dairy property and 500 cows on NSW North Coast; and
- Receivership of a backgrounding and irrigated pasture operation in Central QLD.