- Senior Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +1 832 667 5158
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- First City Tower
- 1001 Fannin, Suite 3950
- Houston, TX, 77002
- United States
- T: +1 800 349 9990
- F: +1 713 353 5459
- B.A., Philosophy, UCLA
- J.D., University of Texas
- MPhil, University of Oxford
- State of Florida Bar
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board Member, Brazil-Texas Chamber of Commerce (BRATECC)
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Greater Houston Business Ethics Roundtable (GHBER)
- Global Risk & Investigations
Christopher DeSá is a Senior Director at FTI Consulting and is based in Houston. Mr. DeSá offers deep knowledge and practical experience helping clients mitigate regulatory, political and reputational risks in developing markets, with particular expertise on Brazil and elsewhere in Latin America. He is a member of the Global Risk and Investigations Practice in the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment.
Mr. DeSá has over a decade of experience working with corporations and financial institutions to identify and address complex risks in foreign markets, including corruption, fraud, political disruption, labor and social unrest and other related reputational risks and challenges. He has overseen numerous risk assessments, due diligence investigations and corporate intelligence operations in developing economies. He has also worked with in-house and external counsel to develop anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and procedures and has overseen or participated in numerous internal investigations, including several of the largest corruption and antitrust investigations in Latin America.
Mr. DeSá’s recent experience includes:
- Providing an expert report on the corruption, political and regulatory environment in the oil and gas industry in Brazil in high-profile securities litigation.
- Developing anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies, procedures and internal controls for a publicly-held, multinational oil and gas infrastructure service provider.
- Overseeing a complex investigation into alleged corruption in Brazil by a leading Canadian oil and gas company.
- Evaluating and advising on the adequacy of Big Four accounting firm’s corruption risk assessment procedures during their audit of a leading oil and gas company, including an assessment of all audit work papers related to fraud and corruption risk identification and prevention.
- Conducting a comprehensive corruption threat and risk assessment for leading British oil and gas company in their acquisition of an ethanol production facility in Brazil.
- Overseeing a global asset search in Asia, Europe and North America for a leading Brazilian oil and gas company in preparation for international arbitration proceedings.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. DeSá worked in the Houston and São Paulo offices of a global risk consultancy. He began his career as a securities lawyer in the São Paulo office of White & Case, LLP, where he advised U.S. and Brazilian companies on a wide variety of cross-border transactions, including public and private offerings of debt and equity.
Mr. DeSá is a member of the Board of Directors of the Brazil-Texas Chamber of Commerce (BRATECC), and regularly speaks and writes on issues affecting trade and investment between the U.S. and Latin America.
He holds a Juris Doctorate, with honors, from the University of Texas School of Law, where he was a member of the Texas Law Review. He also holds a Masters degree, with distinction, from the University of Oxford and a Bachelors of Arts from UCLA.
Mr. DeSá is fluent in English and Portuguese and offers a working knowledge of Spanish.