Donald W. Racey
- Managing Director
- T: +1 412 808 1174
- F: +1 412 808 1188
- Foster Plaza 9
- 750 Holiday Drive, Suite 630
- Pittsburgh, PA, 15220
- United States
- T: +1 412 808 1100
- F: +1 412 808 1188
- B.A. Economics, Ohio Dominican University
- B.A. Business Administration, Ohio Dominican University
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
Donald Racey is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Economic Consulting segment and is based in Pittsburgh, PA. He is part of the Energy, Power and Products segment.
He has more than twenty years of experience leading large-scale operational transformation engagements. He specializes in the design, development and implementation of Operational Excellence, Process Improvement and Merger & Acquisition Integration programs.
Mr. Racey is a trusted advisor to business leaders helping drive sustainable results and significant cost reductions through the utilization of Six Sigma and Lean continuous improvement methodologies. He works with all levels of our clients’ organization to ensure compliance and instill accountability for business process changes. He has worked across the Energy Value chain including Upstream, Mid-stream and Downstream Oil & Gas. For the past eight years he has worked extensively in the Regulated Utilities industry including Generation, Transmission and Distribution sectors.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Racey was the Senior Vice President, Operations for Reliability Management Group (RMG) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Reporting to the company founders, and as a member of the firms Senior Leadership Team, Mr. Racey managed the firm’s portfolio of client engagements and supported all business development activities.
Recent highlights include:
- Leading the design and implementation of AEP Transmission’s Project Lifecycle Management Process (PLMP) that governs the execution of AEP’s$2b annual CAPEX budget.
- He led the implementation of National Grid’s End to End Project & Portfolio Management Process that standardized key processes across the Electric & Gas businesses and three regulatory jurisdictions.
- Led the process design and technology system selection for the implementation of a comprehensive Compliance & Maintenance Management system for three of Chesapeake Utilities operating companies, Florida Public Utilities, Delmarva Natural Gas & Eastern Shore Natural Gas.
Previously, he consulted for Schneider Downs & Co., a Pittsburgh based regional Public Accounting and Business Advisory Services firm. There he was responsible for Enterprise System Implementations, Process Improvements and Merger Integration.
Mr. Racey is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Six Sigma Black Belt. Mr. Racey is a graduate of Ohio Dominican University where he earned a B.A. in Economics and B.A. in Business Administration.