- Senior Director
- T: +852 3768 4586
- M: +852 6117 3362
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 22, The Center
- 99 Queen's Road Central
- Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of London
- CFE Certified Fraud Examiner
- EnCE Certified Examiner
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Computer Information Forensic Investigator (CIFI)
- Certified Information Engineer of China Ministry of Information Industry
- Financial & Enterprise Data Analytics
- E-discovery Software & Services
Gary Tse is a Senior Director in the Financial & Enterprise Data Analytics practice of FTI Consulting and is based in Hong Kong. Gary has over 12 years of experience in data analytics, digital forensic, e-Discovery and software development.
Having worked across the globe, Gary specialises in conducting complex investigate assignments involving proactive and reactive AML matters, financial crime compliance, fraud detection and investigations. He has extensive experience in deploying advanced analytics, computer forensics and e-Discovery solutions to address clients’ business and regulatory needs.
Some notable engagements Gary has worked on include:
- A data analytics framework implementation for a global banking corporation to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the AML transaction monitoring system;
- An investigation for a multinational retail corporation to quantify the unauthorised inventory mark-up activities used to artificially inflate profits without any actual sale of merchandise.
- The historical HIBOR submission rate analysis for a multinational banking corporation as part of a Hong Kong regulator driven look-back review in response to the U.S. LIBOR scandal;
- An accounting journal entry review for a leading casino resort in Macau in order to protect investors through audit oversight based on PCAOB standards.
- A technical SWIFT data extraction and analysis for a multinational banking and financial services company as part of a U.S. regulator driven AML look-back review.
- A workforce analytics platform implementation for a global insurance corporation to identify potential global taxation issues related to frequent business travelers.
Gary started his career as a Software Developer and subsequently spent several years as a Law Enforcement Officer. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Gary was the Regional Head of Surveillance Analytics at a global banking corporation, leading a regional AML analytics framework implementation. This was preceded by over six years working in forensic technologies and data analytics at a Big 4 consulting firm and a U.S. business advisory firm.