- Senior Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +852 3768 4626
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 22, The Center
- 99 Queen's Road Central
- Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Bachelor of Commerce, Professional Accounting, Macquarie University, Australia
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Greg Wong is a Senior Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Hong Kong.
Greg has worked in the corporate restructuring and recovery sector for over 11 years in Hong Kong, PRC and Australia. He has gained experience across a wide range of industries including financial services, funds management, retail, manufacturing, real estate, mining and renewable energy.
Over the years, Greg has been involved in a number of high profile and complex multi-jurisdictional engagements including:
- Project Charge, a cross border engagement involving a global sales campaign to divest a portfolio of lithium mining tenements located in Argentina which resulted in full recoveries for the Asia based fund.
- The liquidation of LDK Solar, a company formerly listed on the NYSE. LDK Solar collapsed with over US$7 billion of onshore and offshore liabilities with operations across the U.S., Europe and the PRC.
- Allco Finance Group, one of the most complex matters in Australian corporate history involving a AU$1.1 billion syndicated loan to a fully integrated financial services business listed on the ASX. Divested significant investments in a range of diversified industries including shipping, aviation, funds management, real estate and rail.
- Project Norfolk, providing company side investigative support to a leading global communications solutions provider based in the PRC.
- Gourmet Foods, an iconic private equity backed foods group operating in Australia and New Zealand. The assignment involved the trade-on of the Group’s processing factories and the sale of the businesses as going concerns.
Greg was responsible for establishing the research function for FTI Consulting in Asia Pacific. During this time, he focused on identifying distressed debt and restructuring opportunities covering oil & gas, shipping, mining and mining services industries.
Previously, Greg worked on a number of corporate finance engagements including advising on capital raisings, transaction structuring and non-performing loan portfolio’s in the PRC.
Greg is a qualified Chartered Accountant (Australia and New Zealand) and is also a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is currently undertaking his Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualifications, Level 3.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Greg gained in-house finance and investment experience from the international retail and manufacturing arm of a leading Hong Kong listed conglomerate.