- Senior Director
- T: +65 6831 7837
- F: +65 6831 7859
- 8 Shenton Way, #12-02
- AXA Tower
- T: +65 6831 7820
- F: +65 6831 7859
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland (St. Leo’s College), Brisbane, Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Corporate Finance
Hubert Chang is a Senior Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Singapore.
Mr. Chang has over 11 years of corporate recovery, corporate turnaround and financial advisory experience in Australia and Asia.
Since joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Chang has been involved in a number of high profile financial advisory and corporate recovery engagements in Asia. In particular, Mr. Chang has been involved in:
- The receivership of Eastwin Global Investments Limited, a subsidiary of an Indonesian energy and resources operator listed on the Indonesian Stock Exchange. The engagement involved realising the company’s equity stake in an oil and gas concession near Sumatra, Indonesia.
- The court-appointed receivership of a Singapore based holding company which was the ultimate controller of a substantial private investment fund situated in Luxembourg. The fund in turn has significant interests in over 180 solar power plants in Italy and a number of solar power development projects across Europe and Asia.
- The financial advisory role of PT Berlian Laju Tanker Tbk, formerly the third largest chemical tanker group in the world. The company is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and is dual-listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange and the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- The buy-side due diligence of a Malaysian wireless services provider and a Singapore based medical practice on behalf of an Indonesian private equity fund.
- The liquidation of Celestial Nutrifoods Limited, a Singapore Stock Exchange listed soy bean based food and beverage producer with production facilities in Daqing, China. Celestial Nutrifoods Limited was placed in provisional liquidation by the High Court of Singapore when it defaulted on its SG$235 million zero coupon convertible bonds. The matter is ongoing with applications before the High Court against several former members of the board of directors of company.
- The liquidation of Marinteknik Shipbuilders (S) Pte Ltd which operated a shipbuilding business in Singapore. A Scheme of Compromises Arrangement has been successfully approved by creditors which will realise value for unsecured creditors.
- The liquidation of Brandscreen Holdings Pte Ltd, which is an investment holding company with interests in an online advertising placement business with operating subsidiaries in Australia, China and Singapore.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Chang was a manager with Ferrier Hodgson in Brisbane, Australia and Shanghai, China.