- Managing Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1577
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- B.A. (Honours), University of York
- Claims Management
Iain Whittingham is a Managing Director in the London Global Insurance Services group of FTI Consulting. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, he was an executive within a Global Insurer. Mr. Whittingham has delivered over 50 enterprise wide insurance projects and programmes over the past 12 years that have contributed in excess of £200m of benefits to customers. Mr. Whittingham has expertise in the development and implementation of Target Operating Models and in Process Re-engineering programmes within the Insurance sector.
Mr. Whittingham has a deep understanding of the Lloyd’s and global commercial insurance market, as well as experience across all dimensions of change; strategy development, target operating model design and delivery, business performance improvement using analytics and big data, outsourcing/BPO, shared service centre set up, proposition development, regulatory change and growth strategies.
- Delivered a new Target Operating Model for a global insurer with a GWP of £1.3bn and a headcount of circa 750 people. Headcount was reduced by 15% without impact on service or relationships.
- Conducted a market & distribution assessment of growth opportunities in Speciality lines for a Lloyd’s/international insurer.
- Worked with the Executive of a Lloyd’s insurer to develop a new set of performance measures for various layers of management from: Exec, functional heads, portfolio managers to underwriters and operations. Led the programme to build the BI infrastructure and target data architecture to support the high-level design.
- Undertook the design for a Global insurer for a new Target Operating model for HR, Legal & Compliance functions.
- Delivered a 24 month programme to deploy an enterprise wide business intelligence insurance segmentation model for all lines of business (£2bn GWP in scope). The business case for the programme delivered a 3-5 point improvement in the combined operating ratio of the target portfolios.
- Led the design and delivery for a sales and operations effectiveness programme for a global insurer. The programme delivered a 20% up-lift in sales alongside increased efficiency (quote to bind ratios) and a 30 point movement in Net Promoter Score.
- Conducted a strategy/distribution review for the Claims business of a Global Law Firm. Off the back of the strategy review designed and led the implementation of a new Target Operating Model delivering a 20% reduction in employment costs.