- Managing Director
- T: +353 1 663 3606
- F: +353 1 663 3601
- 10 Merrion Square
- Dublin 2
- T: +353 1 663 3600
- F: +353 1 663 3601
- MSc, University College Dublin
- B. Agri. Sc, University College Dublin
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland
Jim is a Managing Director in the Strategic Communications segment at FTI Consulting and is based in the Dublin office located on Merrion Square, in the heart of Ireland’s business and governmental district.
Jim is an advisor on political and stakeholder engagement, issues management and crisis communications to clients operating in the energy, financial services, commercial real estate, technology and healthcare sectors. Jim is the senior communications advisor to leading brands operating in Ireland including Gaelectric, IBRC (in special liquidation), IPUT plc, the Health Insurance Authority of Ireland, EirGrid and Vodafone.
Jim joined FTI Consulting in 2006 from the Irish Farmers’ Association, one of Europe’s most effective lobby organisations at domestic and European levels. Prior to this he trained as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG in Dublin. Jim is a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland.
- Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Ltd. (in special liquidation) - media advisor to, and spokesperson for, Mr. Kieran Wallace and Mr. Eamonn Richardson of KPMG Dublin, joint special liquidators of IBRC, who were appointed by the Irish Minister for Finance in February 2013 to liquidate this failed bank. The special liquidation process has successfully overseen the sale of loan assets totaling approximately €22 billion (at par value) and the management of a wide range of litigation and other matters.
- OCS Operations Ltd. (t/a Clerys – in liquidation) - media advisor to joint liquidators Mr. Kieran Wallace and Mr. Eamonn Richardson of KPMG Dublin of Clerys department store on O’Connell Street in Dublin.
- Parliamentary Committee of Inquiry into the Banking Crisis in Ireland - member of the three person FTI Consulting team advising the Committee of Inquiry during its Context Phase from November 2014 until April 2015. This role involved the preparation of briefing papers and other data for the Parliamentary Committee of Inquiry and presentations to the Committee and selected lead questioners in preparation for public hearings and witness statements.
- Gaelectric Holdings plc - Strategic communications advisor to Gaelectric, one of the most dynamic privately-held energy firms in the British Isles. Providing strategic advice and execution of all Gaelectric’s communications requirements across its renewable energy projects, financial communications and community consultation on major projects including its 330 MW bulk storage project on the east coast of Antrim in Northern Ireland.
- Vodafone - strategic communications, stakeholder management and public affairs advisor to Vodafone Ireland.
- EirGrid plc - advisory services concerning stakeholder engagement with farmers and landowners in the context of the development of the electricity transmission grid within the Single Electricity Market (SEM) on the island of Ireland.
- IPUT plc - strategic communications advisor to IPUT plc, the leading domestic investment fund in commercial real estate within Dublin’s CBD with total debt-free investment assets of €1.8 billion.
- Health Insurance Authority of Ireland – strategic communications advisor to the independent regulator of the health insurance market in Ireland.
- Communications Workers Union - completion of a feasibility study examining the financial costs and strategy surrounding the introduction of a new left-leaning media title in Ireland.
Jim holds degrees from the University College Dublin.