John A. MacColl
- Senior Managing Director, Client Engagement and Conflict Resolution
- T: +1 410 951 4819
- F: +1 410 951 4826
- 2 Hamill Road
- North Building
- Baltimore, MD, 21210
- United States
- T: +1 410 951 4800
- F: +1 410 951 4895
- B.A., cum laude, Princeton University
- J.D., Georgetown University
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Past Member Board of Directors Hippodrome Foundation
- Past President, Caves Valley Golf Club, Baltimore
John MacColl is responsible for the risk management activities of FTI Consulting. He has been a general counsel for three large public companies (including FTI Consulting) since 1990. Mr. MacColl was chief legal officer of FTI Consulting from 2006 to 2008.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. MacColl was vice chairman and general counsel of The Travelers Companies and the St. Paul Companies (prior to its merger with Travelers). He also was a senior executive at USF&G Corporation, first as senior vice president and general counsel, then as executive vice president, human resources and general counsel. Mr. MacColl also served as a partner in the commercial litigation practice at DLA Piper in its Baltimore office and was an assistant U.S. attorney in Baltimore. He began his career as a law clerk in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit Court of Philadelphia.
Mr. MacColl served as a board member and vice chairman of the St. Paul Companies and The Travelers Companies Inc.