- Managing Director
- T: +1 604 601 5695
- Vancouver – Pacific Centre
- 701 West Georgia Street, Suite 1502
- Vancouver, BC, V7Y 1C6
- T: +1 604 601 5699
- B.S. in Finance, California State University
- Maplewood Park Place – Senior Living (Board Member)
- Los Angeles Foreign Trade Association
- Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering
- Construction Solutions
John Gravel is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment. He is based in Vancouver, BC. as a member of the Construction Solutions practice. Mr. Gravel has more than 20 years of construction industry experience in project management, global procurement, supply chain management and logistics.
Mr. Gravel provides construction services in the areas of procurement operations management, contract administration, contract negotiation, change management, project planning and strategy and cost control. His industry sector expertise is in mining, transportation, infrastructure, commercial and general building.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Gravel successfully managed projects and led procurement departments through significant change management processes which have contributed to a considerable amount of sustainable savings and have improved operating efficiency across multiple sites.
Mr. Gravel has led cross-functional teams to re-organize distribution systems which reduced cost, created greater efficiency and improved customer service. He has development and implemented Reverse Auction Services for global operations to strategically source $3 billion of spend for business units in the Western Hemisphere.
Mr. Gravel has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Finance from the California State University in Long Beach and an Operational Leadership Development certificate from Duke University.
Areas of Expertise
• Capital project procurement management
• Procurement operations management
• Commercial strategy implementation
• Procurement systems development
• Reverse auction market making
• International transportation and logistics
• Contract negotiation and management
• Strategic sourcing management
• Presentations, marketing and development