- Senior Director
- T: +65 6831 7838
- F: +65 6831 7859
- 8 Shenton Way, #12-02
- AXA Tower
- T: +65 6831 7820
- F: +65 6831 7859
- Bachelor’s of Accountancy
- Chartered Accountants of Singapore
- Corporate Finance
Lydia Koh is a Senior Director in the Corporate Finance/Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Singapore.
Ms. Koh has more than 12 years’ experience specialising in the field of corporate recovery, restructuring and turnaround. Throughout her career, she has had experience working on corporate assignments in Asia, the UK and Europe. She has also been extensively involved in some of Singapore’s largest corporate restructuring projects, providing turnaround consulting and developing workable and effective restructuring and reorganisation proposals for listed and non-listed clients.
Ms. Koh has worked on several notable assignments, including:
- The restructuring and judicial management of Jurong Technologies Industrial Corporation Ltd, a Singapore-listed company with offices in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Brazil, amongst others. The company had an annual turnover of SG$500 million and debt in excess of SG$350 million. The engagement entailed a review of the group finances and strategies, cash flow projections, business review and discussions with business partners for the purpose of a restructure. It also required analysis on the Company’s legal obligations and potential issues that may arise due to the company’s insolvency
- An independent financial advisor engagement to a group of Singapore incorporated companies that own a fleet of more than 40 vessels worth US$525 million and with an annual turnover of approximately SG$70 million. The engagement required a review of the group’s financials, cash flow projections, working capital requirements and potentially restructuring of the group’s debt in excess of US$360 million
- Providing independent financial advisory to a Singapore company that specialised in the worldwide export of food products and with an annual turnover of SG$50 million. The engagement required analysis of the group's working capital needs to understand and consider the adequacy of the available facilities and the debt servicing ability of the Group and also matching their major funding obligations to the projected sources of funds
Ms. Koh has also been involved in managing numerous formal engagements ranging from corporate recovery, scheme of arrangement, financial advisory to distressed entities subject to mergers and acquisition. Additionally, she has experience in litigation support work which included inter alia, commencing legal action on behalf of the remaining creditors against certain creditors for undue preference, essentially to maximise recovery.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ms. Koh was an Associate Director with Deloitte in Singapore. She holds a Bachelor’s of Accountancy degree, is a member of the Chartered Accountants of Singapore and is fluent in English and Mandarin.