- Managing Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1281
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- M.Sc., Construction Law and Dispute Resolution, Kings College
- Project Management in Primavera
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the Construction Law Society
- Construction Solutions
Mehmet Karakoc is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in London. Mehmet is a member of the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment where he works in the Construction Solutions practice. For the past 12 years, he has actively involved with resolution of a wide range disputes at all stages of construction, infrastructure, power and energy projects. Mehmet is a Civil Engineer specialising in forensic construction programming, project advisory and dispute resolution. He has been appointed to act as an expert on a number of large international projects.
Mehmet has worked in the Russian Federation, Turkey and the UK and, additionally, has been involved on projects in various countries such as Germany, Egypt, Trinidad, the Netherlands, Finland, Ukraine, Iraq, Ghana, Seychelles, Kazakhstan, Algeria, Libya, Turkmenistan and Oman.
He has been instructed as an expert on the matters of programming, delay and quantum. In addition to his capacity to act as an expert, Mehmet has regularly managed preparation of the extension of time and money claims, has advised upon entitlement to the change orders, planning & programming and delivered a large number of in-house training courses.
- Appointed as an expert on quantum in connection with ICC arbitration between a façade contractor and a main contractor, arising from the additional works instructed during installation of a 37-storey tower in Kazakhstan.
- Acted as a delay expert to provide an independent assessment of the delays caused to a US$12 billion dollar pipeline project in the South East Europe.
- Prepared an expert report in connection with a dispute submitted to ICC arbitration which related to a fatty alcohol plant in the Netherlands.
- Led a large team of consultants to prepare series of extension of time claims for a contractor and defending claims from the subcontractors with regard to a circa US$2.2 billion multi-functional complex.
- Supervised the delay and quantum experts and the solicitors on behalf of a main contractor with regard to a US$650 million air terminal project.
Mehmet holds BSc degree in civil engineering an MSc in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution from Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in England and Wales