- Managing Director
- T: +1 312 342 8265
- 201 S Biscayne Blvd
- Suite 2819
- Miami, FL, 33131
- United States
- T: +1 786 577 8989
- Certified Public Accountant Degree, Andres Bello Catholic University
- M.B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Blackline Account Reconciliations Module Certified Implementation Professional
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Close Management 11.1.2 Administration Ed 2 PRV Certification
- Workday Financial Management Implementator Certification
- Corporate Finance
- Finance Transformation
- Financial Management Process Improvement
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Office of the CFO Solutions
- Energy, Power & Products
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Michael Ovalles is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in Miami. He is a member of the Office of the CFO Solutions practice.
Mr. Ovalles is a finance transformation expert with more than 18 years of experience helping companies solve their finance effectiveness challenges. At FTI Consulting, Mr. Ovalles focuses on assisting a broad range of clients achieve finance function and back-office excellence through integration, cost reduction, operating model realignment, organizational structure redesign, financial reporting simplification and other finance transformation initiatives. Mr. Ovalles complements his technical expertise with strong leadership and project management skills.
Mr. Ovalles’ approach to solving clients’ business problems focuses on understanding value creation and designing and implementing processes to deliver it more efficiently and effectively through the optimization of technology enablers, use of extensive data analytics and redesign of stakeholders’ and customers’ experiences. Mr. Ovalles’ clients benefit from his problem-solving skills, strong technical expertise, global acumen and the passion and energy he brings to his projects.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Ovalles was a Director in the Finance Effectiveness practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers (“PwC”), where he successfully delivered large finance transformation solutions to a broad range of clients for more than 12 years. In addition, Mr. Ovalles worked as a Financial Planning and Analysis Business Partner at INTESA, a high-tech joint venture between Venezuela’s oil giant PDVSA and San Diego-based SAIC. He began his professional career as an Auditor with PwC.
Mr. Ovalles holds a Certified Public Accounting degree from Andres Bello Catholic University and an M.B.A. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.