Michael R. Baranowski
- Senior Managing Director
- T: +1 571 830 1050
- 8251 Greensboro Drive
- McLean, VA, 22102
- United States
- T: +1 571 405 3260
- Economic Consulting
- Expert Testimony
- Network Industry Strategies
- Pricing Strategy
- Regulated Industries
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Mike Baranowski is a Senior Managing Director of FTI’s Economic Consulting practice and is based in McLean, Virginia. He provides financial and economic consulting services to the telecommunications and transportation industries. He has special expertise in analyzing and developing complex computer costing models, operations analysis, and transportation engineering. Much of his work involves providing oral and written expert testimony before courts and regulatory bodies.
Some of Mr. Baranowski’s representative accomplishments include:
- Creating a series of computer models that measure the effects of changes in litigation input assumptions and methodologies.
- Building computer models to evaluate the overall litigation risks associated with major legal proceedings.
- Designing a PC-based spreadsheet model that has been used to calculate stand-alone costs for several clients in the railroad and pipeline industries who used it to make internal pricing decisions and in litigation before regulatory agencies.
- Developing computer models for a major transportation company to analyze the incremental investment in facilities and equipment and changes in operating expenses that would be expected at various volume levels.
- Calculating marginal and incremental costs for a major petroleum products pipeline company, an approach that is now used regularly by the company in making internal day-to-day pricing decisions.
Mr. Baranowski holds a B.S. in Accounting from Fairfield University in Fairfield, Connecticut and has pursued supplemental finance studies at Kean College in Union, New Jersey.