- Senior Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1861
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- BA (Hons) Modern History, University of Oxford
- MSc (Health Policy, Economics and Management), London School of Economics
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Economic Consulting
Rachael Shaw is a Senior Director at FTI Consulting and is based in London. Rachael is in the Healthcare practice in the Economic and Financial Consulting segment.
She is a chartered accountant and she works with healthcare organisations who are seeking to understand the financial implications of redesigning contracting models or services.
Rachael has worked in professional services for nine years, focusing solely on healthcare for the past four years. Her previous work has involved providing financial advice and recommendations to public sector organisations facing strategic and operational issues and particularly those in financial distress. Rachael’s work has included financial modelling of solutions in support of financial turnaround.
Her recent projects include:
- Monitor (2015): Rachael worked on a project with Monitor’s pricing team to better understand the relationship between national costs and prices. In particular, she worked on reviewing the available data sources including reference costs and PLICS to make recommendations for future costing development.
- Southend and Castle Point & Rochford CCGs (2014): Rachael led a project to develop and forecast QIPP schemes for the two CCGs – this included significant liaison with the CSU BI team. She obtained, interpreted and re-presented activity analysis to provide support to QIPP schemes.
- Wirral University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (2014): This engagement involved a range of activities including financial forecasting and analysis, CIP development and budgeting and PMO review.
- Monitor (2013): Rachael undertook a secondment at Monitor and was responsible for a portfolio of 16 Foundation Trusts, including mental health, community, specialist and acute providers. Rachael was responsible for leading a team in investigating issues and recommending the regulatory approach.
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust (2012): Rachael led a performance improvement team (2012), reporting directly to Turnaround Director and running both Nursing Transformation and Allied Health Professionals work streams.
Rachael holds a BA (Hons) in Modern History from the University of Oxford and a MSc in Health Policy, Economics and Management from London School of Economics.