- Senior Managing Director
- T: +61 7 3225 4914
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- 22 Market Street
- Brisbane, QLD, 4000
- T: +61 7 3225 4900
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland
- ASIC Registered Liquidator
- Official Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant
- Member of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Asset Tracing & Recovery
- Financial Due Diligence
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Stefan Dopking is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Stefan has over 25 years’ experience in corporate recovery and insolvency including valuable insights as a Senior Executive at the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (“ASIC”), where he was responsible for the organisation’s national insolvency and audit teams.
With a focus on corporate receiverships, business reviews and financial health assessments for lenders and directors, Stefan is known for mediating outcomes in difficult appointments. Through his experience, Stefan has developed a specialisation in the mining and mining services, property and manufacturing sectors.
Stefan has regularly presented around Australia and internationally on insolvency processes and procedures, and has worked closely with Australia’s peak insolvency industry body, the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (“ARITA”), in developing improved standards.
Stefan gained exposure to many large corporate failures during the Global Financial Crisis through his role as leader at ASIC for teams undertaking corporate solvency assessments.
Additionally, he has experience in difficult recoveries having worked on litigious court appointed receiverships and has given evidence in court on reconstructed financial information.
- Administration of a multi-locational listed mining group;
- The restructuring of a metal fabrication business and its subsequent return to owners;
- Orderly closure of a multi-location building components manufacturer;
- Securing control and realisation of mining services businesses and assets;
- Working closely with factoring financiers in securing recovery on large building contracts;
- Investigations into the circumstances surrounding the collapse of a major financial planning business;
- Liquidation of Queensland Nickel Pty Ltd; and
- Reorganisation of managed letting businesses and their successful sale.