FTI Consulting improves the efficiency and effectiveness of clients’ operations with a balanced approach, focused on increasing revenues and cutting costs. We help clients align business activities to a “critical few” priorities and strike a balance between short-term and long-term goals. Using external benchmarks and deploying best practices, we accelerate clients’ growth and increase effectiveness. Our systemic changes lead to sustainable results.
Our Service Offering
The revenue management team helps clients balance the quantity and quality of revenues while cultivating the right customer base and generating profitable growth. This is done through the following core processes:
- Understanding, acquiring, managing and growing the customer base
- Assessing, developing and optimizing product and market management
- Defining, designing and managing new products
The operational improvement team helps clients reduce costs through plant consolidation, elimination of redundant processes, equipment strategies, and improvements to systems, technology, yield management and energy consumption. These reductions and efficiencies are achieved by establishing performance measures and accountability.
Working Capital Management
By building streamlined processes for managing customers, operations and procurement, FTI Consulting reduces costs and improves the effectiveness of operations. This increases working capital, which helps clients fund growth and weather downturns. Key processes we focus on are:
- Customer management: order to collect
- Operations management: plan to deliver
- Procurement management: order to pay
Supply Chain & Logistics Management
Supply chain management requires collaboration among multiple internal and external partners, who often are driven by different motives.
Our team achieves coordination by:
- Assessing the complete supply chain to prioritize and plan initiatives
- Helping clients achieve continuous cost reductions with a more efficient flow of information and goods.
A thorough understanding of systemic issues across the supply chain and identification of solutions that involve a “value stream approach” for supply chain management are at the core of solutions that FTI Consulting implements. We employ a highly collaborative phased approach of:
- Comprehensive supply chain assessment
- Prioritization and scoping of critical few initiatives
- Accelerated delivery of identified projects
The FTI Consulting methodology is applicable to manufacturing and services industries and is customizable to reflect industry needs and client life cycle-specific situations.
FTI Consulting works with clients to analyze the order-to-cash process, focusing on work value analysis, process flows, organization structure and cost reviews. This allows us to:
- Help clients understand how each cost center contributes to business value
- Analyze value creation to determine the optimal resource allocation
- Develop implementation plans that create more efficient operations
FTI Consulting assists clients to develop processes to deliver and use business intelligence. The services include:
- Developing forecasts and scenarios
- Providing financing strategies, budgets, models and analyses
- Synthesizing internal and external information into business intelligence
- Developing management reporting tools such as key performance indicators
Business Assets Optimization
FTI Consulting performs a comprehensive review of clients’ asset portfolios, including customers, products and physical assets. Our work helps clients preserve and improve profitability through the rationalization and simplification of processes and capabilities.
Organizational Design & Optimization
The organizational design and optimization experts at FTI Consulting review functional strategies and implement best practices across the organization.This helps refine focus, reduce capability gaps, set objectives, streamline processes, enhance reporting protocols and lessen cost disparities for the short and long term.
As part of the organizational design and optimization process, FTI Consulting reviews functional strategy, identifies leadership responsible for designing the organization structure, sets objectives, develops organization scenarios, selects the best structure, streamlines processes, enhances reporting protocols and optimizes costs.
Our experts help clients better manage large and complex enterprise-wide initiatives. We introduce structure and practices that allow senior-level leadership, oversight and control to guide programs to successful conclusions.
We facilitate collaboration among the merger parties to perform rigorous analysis and create detailed process plans, integration parameters and timetables. We achieve improvements in quality and speed of decision making by:
- Assessing client project plans, benchmarks and timetables for feasibility
- Working with executive management to keep integration on schedule
- Analyzing the functions and systems of both entities to determine best practices