Transaction Advisory Services
The transaction advisory experts at FTI Consulting — senior partners and dedicated teams with specific industry expertise — offer a forward-looking perspective and track record of success across the entire transaction life cycle. Whether representing buyers, sellers or lenders, we offer comprehensive due diligence advice and hands-on support in evaluating opportunities across the risk/return spectrum. As part of a global consulting firm known for success in high-profile, high-stakes transactions, we help our clients maximize value and minimize risk.
Our Service Offerings
The buyer services team at FTI Consulting supports the client in every aspect of the buying process. Our experts perform comprehensive due diligence, including quality of earnings, synergy analysis and evaluation of projections. We help assess key value drivers and risk factors. We also counsel clients on the most advantageous tax and accounting structures and oversee the contract and valuation processes.
We support clients on the seller side to help them manage the sales process, increase the probability of a successful sale and realize maximum value at the time of the transaction. The team does this by:
- Providing vendor due diligence to reduce risk and make the sale process more efficient
- Evaluating businesses or entities for sale, including quality of earnings, balance sheet and working capital requirements
- Identifying value enhances and value issues
- Negotiating with buyers on the client’s behalf
- Preparing offering memorandum
- Managing the due diligence process
We advise clients on all aspects of the lending decision-making process, for both domestic and foreign-based opportunities. The services provided include:
- Reviewing and sensitizing cash flow and business plan projections
- Performing due diligence, analyzing collateral and monitoring portfolios
- Assisting in credit-crisis situations and suggesting troubled-credit restructuring alternatives
- Supporting securitizations and providing backup management services
Our deal valuation experts work with clients to prepare opening balance sheet valuations, perform impairment analyses and assist with enterprise valuation. We also help private equity general partners with valuation of their holdings, including capital adequacy used to facilitate dividend recapitalizations, solvency and fairness opinions.
Purchase Price Dispute Services
Our experts assess whether generally accepted accounting principles have been consistently applied and determine the accuracy of financial statements. We partner with attorneys and clients to negotiate favorable settlements and resolve earn-outs. We also act as independent arbitrator for disputes related to earn-outs and working capital adjustments.
Merger Integration Services
To realize the full value of a merger, FTI Consulting works with client executive management to assess the feasibility of integration project plans, benchmarks and timetables. We specialize in keeping the integration on schedule and evaluating the functions of both entities to determine best practices.
The tax services team develops strategic solutions to clients’ tax issues arising from acquisitions, sales and restructurings and advises on all matters of compliance. This helps clients realize the maximum tax advantages from their transactions.
Global Segment Leader