Business Insurance Claims Practice - Resolving Complex Claims
FTI Consulting is a world class provider of insurance claim consulting and forensic accounting services. Our Business Insurance Claims professionals have assisted clients in preparing hundreds of large claims totaling billions of dollars. We are well respected by both policy holders and insurance companies because we prepare comprehensive, logical and well-documented claims that result in reasonable insurance claim settlements. In addition to preparing claims, we have served as testifying experts on many large insurance coverage litigation matters. We also assist our clients on pre-loss matters, such as business interruption values and maximum probable loss studies. Our experts are often invited to speak at insurance conferences such as RIMS and have published many articles on insurance claims topics.
FTI Consulting is uniquely qualified to provide forensic accounting and insurance claims consulting services:
- We have prepared claims across a wide variety of industries including high technology, manufacturing, hospitality and gaming, retail, real estate, oil and gas, energy, chemicals, hospitals, transportation, medical devices, mining, food production and others.
- We have prepared numerous large complex property and business interruption claims involving earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, floods, tornadoes, terrorist attacks, builders risk, equipment breakdowns, product recalls, and others.
- We have forensic accountants based around the world with offices in most major cities across the U.S. as well as Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, London and Paris among others. We have experience preparing claims across the globe, including claims in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Angola, Libya, Brazil, Chile, the U.K. and other E.U. countries.
- We have construction industry professionals with significant experience establishing construction timelines and determining replacement costs.
- Our team includes insurance industry and claims experts, Big 4 accountants, Ph.D. economists and statisticians and a variety of industry experts.
- We have extensive experience preparing claims in connection with data breaches and cyber-attacks, political risk, E&O, product defects and liability claims.
- We rely on a collaborative approach, working closely with company management, the insurance broker, and legal counsel to prepare creative, detailed and convincing insurance claims at a reasonable cost.
Our Service Offerings
- Forensic Accounting & Claim Preparation
- Expert Witness Testimony & Litigation Support
- Analysis of Insurable Values
- Maximum Probable Loss (“MPL”) Studies
- CGL Insurance Allocations
Our Claims Experience
- Property & Business Interruption
- Contingent Business Interruption
- Builder’s Risk
- Cyber Risk
- Political Risk
- Product Recall / Product Defects
- Fidelity / Fraud
- D&O / E&O
- Long-Tail Liabilities
- Product Liability
Our Industry Experience
- Aerospace & Defense
- Communications, Media and Entertainment
- Financial Institutions
- Food & Agriculture Products
- Hospitality / Gaming
- Oil & Gas
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Devices
Senior Managing Director