FTI Consulting Professionals Recognized as Leading Expert Witnesses
Firm Maintains Top Position With 34 Expert Witnesses Recognized
Chris Osborne and James Nicholson Named to Five Most Highly Regarded Individuals List in Europe
WASHINGTON, Nov. 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE:FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that the Company has maintained its top position on Global Arbitration Review’s 2016 International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration list.
Global Arbitration Review’s 2016 International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration list includes 164 of the world's most highly regarded arbitration damages and valuation practitioners from 51 firms and universities. The list is published every year and is based on a survey of top law firms as well as independent lawyers.
For 2016, FTI Consulting topped the list for the sixth consecutive year with 34 expert witnesses from the Company’s Economic Consulting segment, including its subsidiary Compass Lexecon, and from the firm’s Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment. Thirty-four expert witnesses is the highest number of professionals that FTI Consulting has ever been recognized for, and represents the most professionals ever recognized in one collective firm. Expert witnesses from each of the Company’s four geographic regions were represented on this year's list, demonstrating the Company’s global capabilities and strategic depth.
Chris Osborne, Co-Chairman of the firm’s Europe, Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) region and Senior Managing Director based in London and James Nicholson , Senior Managing Director in the Company’s Paris office, were named to Global Arbitration Review’s Most Highly Regarded Individuals list in Europe, which recognizes the five most highly regarded individuals in this region.
Mr. Osborne has more than 30 years of experience in bringing economic and financial analysis to complex commercial and regulatory disputes, and has been involved in more than 200 cases of litigation and arbitration – in the UK’s domestic courts, as well as in London, Paris, Stockholm, Geneva, Singapore and Melbourne in ICC, UNCITRAL and ICSID arbitrations. Mr. Osborne has been listed on the International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration list for six years since its inception in 2010 as one of the leading experts, worldwide and across all areas of expertise, active in commercial arbitration.
For almost 20 years, Mr. Nicholson has focused on providing independent expertise and practical solutions for complex unstructured problems in valuation, economics, finance and business strategy, in contentious and other contexts. His work primarily involves issues of the identification and valuation of lost profits, and the valuation of businesses, financial assets including shareholdings, and other assets, and of wasted costs, largely in the context of commercial and investment treaty arbitration. Mr. Nicholson has also been listed on the International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration list since its inception in 2010.
“I am pleased we achieved the leading position on this list for the sixth consecutive year,” said Steven H. Gunby , President and Chief Executive Officer of FTI Consulting. “That success is due to having the leading group of experts across the globe, people who are superb professionals dedicated to delivering results. Congratulations to all 34 professionals on this recognition.”
Nominees for the Global Arbitration Review's list of International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration are selected based on a comprehensive, independent survey of both general counsel and private practice lawyers worldwide. Only specialists who have met independent international research criteria are candidates. Individuals selected for this elite list possess an outstanding depth of knowledge in their area of expertise. These professionals also are recognized for their skill in giving expert oral evidence in commercial arbitrations, encompassing examination in chief, cross examination and, increasingly, witness conferencing.
FTI Consulting and Compass Lexecon expert witnesses named to Global Arbitration Review’s 2016 International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration list include the following individuals:
- * David Ashton, Senior Managing Director – London
- *Mark Bezant, Senior Managing Director – London
- Greg Harman, Senior Managing Director – London
- Basil Imburgia, Senior Managing Director – New York
- Jeff Litvak, Senior Managing Director – Chicago
- * Andrew Mainz, Senior Managing Director – London
- Charles Mikulka, Senior Managing Director – New York
- Christopher Milburn, Managing Director – Toronto
- Neal Mizrahi, Managing Director – Toronto
- Boaz Moselle, Senior Managing Director – London
- * James Nicholson, Senior Managing Director – Paris
- Christopher Nunns, Managing Director – Singapore
- * Chris Osborne, Co-Chairman of the Company’s EMEA region and Senior Managing Director – London
- * Mike Pilgrem, Senior Managing Director – London
- * Howard Rosen, Senior Managing Director – Toronto
- James Searby, Senior Managing Director – Washington, D.C.
- Ken Stern, Senior Managing Director – New York
- Greig Taylor, Senior Managing Director – New York
- Christopher Wedrychowski, Managing Director – London
- * Manuel Abdala, Executive Vice President – Washington, D.C.
- Joseph Cavicchi, Executive Vice President – Boston
- Lorenzo Coppi, Executive Vice President – London
- Santiago Dellepiane, Senior Vice President – New York
- Neil Dryden, Executive Vice President – London
- Daniel Fischel, Chairman and President – Chicago
- Eric Henson, Senior Vice President – Boston
- Mark Israel, Executive Vice President – Washington, D.C.
- * Joseph Kalt, Senior Economist – Tucson
- Stephen Makowka, Senior Vice President – Boston
- * Jorge Padilla, Head of Compass Lexecon Europe and Senior Managing Director – Madrid
- *Marcelo Schoeters, Senior Vice President – Buenos Aires
- David Sevy, Executive Vice President – Paris
- * Pablo Spiller, Senior Consultant/Affiliate – New York
- Sebastian Zuccon, Senior Vice President – Buenos Aires
*Expert witnesses named to this list every year since its inception since 2010.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,400 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. The Company generated $1.76 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2014. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting, Inc. 1101 K Street NW Washington, DC 20005 +1.202.312.9100 Investor Contact: Abaigeal Healy +1.617.747.1727 email@example.com Media Contact: Nicole Madison +1.212.850.5647 firstname.lastname@example.org
FTI Consulting, Inc.