In order to support our mission to be one of the most sought after employers, FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Our benefits package covers a broad spectrum of benefits for employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children.
Health and Well-Being
FTI Consulting offers Medical, Dental, and Vision with the Aon Active Health Exchange, a leading private health exchange that offers numerous benefit plan options from multiple insurance carriers. Through the exchange, you are able to select among multiple benefits plans to find one that best meets your needs.
Medical: FTI Consulting provides several different plan design options, including options with a Health Savings Account, so that you may choose a design best suited for you and, if applicable, your family. These plan design options offer varying levels of deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums and prescription coverage. Most options allow for in-network and out-of-network coverage through the available insurance carriers. You have choice and flexibility on your coverage level, premium amount and available insurance carrier. You have the control to select what works best for you situation.
Dental: Just like the medical coverage, you may choose among several different plan design options to select options best suited for you and, if applicable, your family. Some options include orthodontia coverage either for adults and/or children as well as major restorative care. Most options allow for in-network and out-of-network coverage through the available insurance carriers.
Vision: FTI Consulting provides several vision plan options that offer a range of coverage from exams only to coverage for lenses, frames and contacts. There are even discounts on laser eye surgery. Most options allow for in-network and out-of-network coverage through the available insurance carriers.
Critical Illness and Accident: You have the choice to supplement your medical coverage with two voluntary insurance plans – Critical Illness and/or Accident Insurance. With Critical Illness, a benefit would be paid if you or a covered family member has a major medical event such as a heart attack or stroke. Accident insurance provides a benefit if you or a covered family member are injured in an accident, such as a broken leg. With both plans, the benefit paid can be used to cover any costs you incur related to the illness or accident – deductibles, copays, transportation or lodging fees, etc.
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Both traditional pretax and Roth post-tax contribution options affording more flexibility in planning for retirement
- A wide variety of investment options and tools to help plan for retirement
- 67 percent company match of an employee’s contribution up to a maximum employee contribution of the first 6 percent of eligible wages, subject to the maximum limits established by the Internal Revenue Service for the applicable year
- Employee and employer contributions 100 percent vested
- Short-Term Disability insurance is provided by FTI Consulting to eligible employees. Benefits provide income protection should an employee become medically disabled because of accident, illness or injury, or in the event of giving birth.
- Long-Term Disability insurance is provided by FTI Consulting to eligible employees. Benefits provide income protection should an employee become medically disabled because of accident, illness or injury lasting longer than six months.
Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Other Insurance
FTI Consulting provides basic life and AD&D insurance to eligible employees. If more financial protection is desired, supplemental insurance can be purchased for the employee, spouse or child. Depending on the elected level of supplemental life insurance, coverage may require underwriting.
Group Excess Liability Insurance is also available to purchase which provides individual umbrella coverage to better protect an employee and an employee’s family against a wide variety of risks.
Health Savings Account
FTI Consulting sponsors a Health Savings Account (HSA) through Bank of America Merrill Lynch for employees who select a high-deductible medical plan with FTI Consulting.
- Pre-tax contributions to your account up to the annual Internal Revenue Service limit
- Account grows tax free with interest or investment returns
- Qualified medical expenses are paid tax free
Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account – contributions up to the annual IRS maximum on a pretax basis to pay for eligible healthcare expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account — contributions up to the annual IRS maximum on a pretax basis to pay for eligible dependent “day” care expenses
- Commuter Benefit Plan — contributions up to the annual IRS maximum on a pretax basis to pay for eligible work-related parking and transit expenses
Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Paid Time Off — flexibility to manage time off; eligibility and allotment policy vary based on the employee job category, service time and state regulations
- Holidays — ten paid holidays each year in a combination of designated holidays and floating holidays, which can be used at the employee’s discretion
- Parental Leave — paid leave is provided for child birth and adoption. Birth mothers in the U.S. will be provided with at least 16 weeks of paid time off in combination of disability leave and parental leave. Paid leave of at least 6 weeks is available to fathers after the birth of a child or to parents following an adoption. Leave time may vary based on any State regulations or other applicable available leave benefits.
- Flex Return Support — support for parents transitioning back from parental leave to understand and address personal needs for flexibility.