Alok Khare is a co-leader of the Securities, Accounting, and Regulatory Enforcement Practice at FTI Consulting. He is an economist who applies his knowledge and experience of finance, economics, including transfer pricing, econometrics, and data analytics, to examine and opine about problems in litigation and non-litigation matters.
Dr. Khare has worked on numerous lawsuits and investigations, including those in the areas of securities, finance, antitrust, consumer fraud, false advertising, TCPA, labor, and employment, and breach of contract matters, etc. Additionally, Dr. Khare provides transfer pricing services (e.g., documentation, expert work for tax controversy, including appeals, etc.), and model validation services. The following describes the selected experience.
- Class Actions: Analyzed both class certification and damages claims in numerous class actions.
- Securities and Finance: Assessed event studies, market efficiency, price impact, economic materiality, loss causation, and damage claims in numerous securities-related matters alleging violations of securities law in the U.S., Australia, and Canada. Analyzed performance of trading strategies and transaction costs, valuation of securities (including derivatives), and firms.
- Antitrust: Experience working on matters alleging claims of price-fixing, monopolization and attempted monopolization, exclusionary business practices, etc.
- Transfer Pricing: Experience allocating income among different geographies, assessing the appropriateness of adjustments proposed by tax authorities, including the adjustments proposed under the OECD guidelines (current and revised) on transfer pricing.
- Investigations: Dr. Khare has performed economic and statistical analyses, and data analytics to assist with evidence assessment in regulatory enforcement actions and internal investigations by companies and their boards.
- Model Validation: Dr. Khare has developed and validated complex economic, financial, and econometric models.
- Sample Selection and Other Statistical/ Econometric Analyses: Dr. Khare has designed a selection of statistical and other random samples, and performed sample-based analyses, including damages analyses in investigations and disputes. He has worked on sophisticated econometric models that include time series (ARCH/ GARCH/ VAR), panel data, logistic regressions, and other models.
T: +1 415 283 4248
50 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Securities Litigation & Risk Management