Andrew McCarthy has extensive experience with, and knowledge of, financial crime and general financial conduct regulations and guidelines from the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. His client experience includes organisations based in Afghanistan, Australia, China, Continental Europe, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Southeast Asia, United Kingdom and the United States.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Andrew was with Deloitte from 2011, transferring from the U.S. to Singapore office in 2013. Andrew has primarily advised financial services clients on Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Economic/Trade Sanctions (“Sanctions”), Tax Crime, and Client Suitability risks and related Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) and Transaction Monitoring (“TM”) operating models and controls. Andrew also has significant experience leading and performing sensitive regulator or law enforcement imposed Know Your Client (“KYC”) file remediations and investigations.
Earlier in Andrew's career, he was a Senior Economic Advisor in the U.S. Department of Defense where a large part of his work included the collection and exploitation of financial intelligence focused on counterterrorism, counter-proliferation and counter-intelligence.
- Organisation-wide, first and second line operational and programmatic transformations in response to U.S., UK, SG and AU regulatory penalties by developing revised policies, procedures, operating models and business requirements;
- Sensitive, regulator-imposed KYC file reviews and transaction investigations to identify procedural lapses, sanctions, or money laundering violations across retail, private banking, corporate, trade finance and correspondent banking segments to identify matters requiring escalation to Compliance and/or government authority(s);
- Assessment and calibration of TM technology platforms and underlying scenarios and thresholds as well as associated alert adjudication programmes;
- Design and effectiveness reviews of global, regional, local and business-unit KYC/CDD/TM programmes to identify regulatory lapses and/or residual risks requiring controls enhancements;
- Advisory support to U.S. Department of Defense and Intelligence Community clients on illicit finance tactics and detection.
T: +65 6506 9864
555 12th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
Regulation and Compliance
Risk Management & Internal Controls
Sanctions Investigations & Compliance