Chris Liu specialises in FTI Consulting’s transfer pricing team. His areas of expertise are IP valuation and financial transaction pricing.
For the past 14 years, Chris has carried out transfer pricing projects for numerous US, Asian and other multinational groups operating in the UK and Europe. The types of projects he has been involved include transfer pricing assessment and documentation, planning and restructuring, implementation and defence.
Chris joined FTI Consulting in 2018. He has delivered several global transfer pricing projects for companies across a wide range of sectors including Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT) and Life Science, Energy and Resources, Financial Services and Real Estate sectors.
Chris has one year working experience in China where he gained his transfer pricing knowledge from working for Chinese MNCs. He is also a native speaker of Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien. Chris holds a BA degree in Economics from Sun Yat-sen University and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2012. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- Carried out transfer pricing policy and BEPS risk review for multinational groups across various sectors, especially for Life Science groups and investment advisory and management groups.
- Managed and delivered transfer pricing global documentation projects (including preparation of BEPS Action 13 complied Master File and Local Files) for fintech, biotech, telecom, professional services and insurance groups.
- Provided transfer pricing support to various real estate acquisitions by US and Asian buyers, including transfer pricing due diligence review on shareholder loan and management fee transactions.
- Undertook a transfer pricing transformation project for an Asian telecommunications group covering design and implementation of policies and solution.
- Went on a part-time secondment in a US headquartered banking institution to update transfer pricing process in accordance with BEPS Action Plans.
- Provided transaction support to restructuring projects and transfer pricing input for independent borrower review.
- Provided transfer pricing support to M&A transactions including transfer pricing due diligence and post-acquisition planning and documentation.
T: +44 203 7271 334
London EC1A 4HD
Tax Structuring & Tax Advisory Services