Dave Messinger specializes in business transformation in consumer lending and finance, banking, payments, consumer and commercial insurance, as well as consumer and institutional trading and wealth management. Mr. Messinger has more than 20 years of consulting experience serving both mid-market and Fortune 100 companies improving both bottom- and top-line results.
Mr. Messinger brings deep expertise and a significant track record of leading and managing large-scale transformations for financial institutions and FinTech companies facing scalability, cost, operational risk, service, customer experience, sales, business complexity, growth, profitability and speed to market issues.
He is skilled in redesigning critical single and multi-function processes spanning sales and branch operations through contact centers, all corporate functions, shared services, compliance, regulatory affairs and back office operations simultaneously rapidly taking out cost while improving quality, risk management and client experiences. He has extensive experience leading change, adapting leadership behaviors and creating dynamic cultures of changes and client centricity.
Mr. Messinger’s expertise extends to using digital transformation to streamline and automate processes, drive out complexity, and create frictionless customer experiences. He is experienced in leveraging customer journeys, design thinking, and executing rapid prototypes of new operating and service models without causing major business interruptions. A background in operations research also allows him to tackle complex, dynamic systems with advance analytical tools.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Messinger served financial services clients with McKinsey and Company, Booz Allen Hamilton (Strategy&) as well as his own consulting firm.
- Consumer and Institutional Financial Services: Led multi-year transformation driving significant improvements in customer experience while yielding productivity increases ranging from 20% to 70% across enterprise
- Banking: Dramatically increased lending capacity by reducing origination cycle time by 90% from initiation to close and streamlining activities improving efficiency 40%
- Payments: Drove net 10% gain in NPS and CSAT for service centers of a consumer payments provider while reducing call center turnover to single digits and increasing productivity by 20% to 40%
- FinTech: Designed next generation service model in order to accommodate rapid growth and plug-in aquations, including the integration of external service providers for front and back-office support
- Consumer Finance: Developed integration and execution model in consumer lending through 5000+ dealer/retail network enabling isolation of significant recourse portfolio risk and increasing valuation prior to IPO
- Banking: Rebuilt corporate client data model for major export bank, enabling integrated multi-product risk analytics
- Insurance: Streamlined the consumer fraud and compliance functions including OFAC and AML
- Banking: Drove a 25% productivity gain for small business lending while improving portfolio profitability for a government export bank
- Wealth Management: Engineered Service to Sales growth by over 15% on a monthly basis (asset gathering and product cross-sell) in service enters and branches (consumer and broker/dealer)
B.S., Mathematics & Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
M.B.A., Management & Operations Management, University of Cincinnati
T: +1 212 247 1010
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Financial Management Process Improvement