Emma Fishburn is an experienced electricity and carbon market adviser, focused on providing policy, economic and strategy advice to clients in response to changing markets. Emma has over 12 years experience working in electricity and carbon markets and has held senior roles within Government, energy market bodies and consulting firms.
Emma’s skills and expertise include industry and market reform, regulatory and economic advice, commercial and financial advisory, business strategy and market analysis. Emma’s clients include governments, regulators and market bodies, and leading companies in the electricity and carbon sectors.
Prior to joining FTI in 2022, Emma was advising the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources on a number of its key priority policy areas including Marinus Link and the Underwriting New Generation Investment program. Emma led Deloitte’s Energy Advisory team in Sydney where she worked as a director for over five years. Emma was also previously an adviser with the Australian Energy Market Commission and a senior policy office with the Commonwealth Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism.
- Lead on School Infrastructure NSW’s consideration of a strategic deployment of rooftop solar PV and batteries, resulting in the Schools Renewable Energy Infrastructure Pilot Project
- Quantification of the impact of Alinta Energy’s entry on the South East Queensland electricity retail market
- Project lead on the Statutory Review of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation
- Advice on potential revenue models to support the development of Marinus Link
- Customer engagement for a transmission connection service provider
- Market, regulatory and commercial due diligence on a number of proposed acquisitions, including metering business ActiveStream; carbon offset developer GreenCollar; second tier electricity retailer; and software company GreenSync
- Regulatory and commercial due diligence for IFM and AusSuper’s acquisition of Ausgrid