Ian Duncan is a member of the Digital Science team and specialises in leading and advising boards, executive teams and project teams on business transformation. Mr. Duncan has over 25 years’ experience and has a track record of delivering results in challenging and high-pressure environments by bringing strong hands-on leadership and high energy to recover, guide and deliver transformation.
As an expert practitioner in organisational redesign, programme and portfolio management and change management, Mr. Duncan has delivered operational and digital transformations at the organisation, division and functional levels within companies. He has worked in both industry and management consulting roles with clients located in Europe, Middle-East, Asia and the US, across the financial services, TMT, transport, government, agri-services and education industries. Mr. Duncan is experienced in working with clients in a range of organisational contexts, ranging from highly bureaucratic companies to highly entrepreneurial and fast paced enterprises.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Duncan established Ennovate, a change management consultancy that won several prestigious mandates to advise clients in the UK and Ireland on business transformation. He has worked as a Managing Director with KPMG Management Consulting and was the Practice Leader with VISION Consulting Ireland. Prior to consulting, Mr. Duncan spent 10 years working in various management positions across operations, finance, front-office and middle-office within investment banking in London and retail banking in Dublin.
- Project Management Institute: advisor on the design, build, operation and transition of a new innovative suite of services to position PMI in the centre of a $20 billion high-growth industry
- Project Management Institute: advisor in the creation of a global construction management programme and the establishment of an industry leading position
- Regional Retail Bank: advisor to CIO to reset the delivery plans and project team structures for a €22 million core banking system upgrade
- Origin Enterprises plc: advisor in the organisational design and restructure of a €1 billion european operation and the insertion of a new divisional structure and leadership
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland: engagement lead for the design and implementation of a new operating division to enable key infrastructure and capital programme delivery
- Halcrow CH2MHILL: engagement lead for cross-functional team to identify and implement cost reduction measures across their global businesses
- R&H Halls: advisor in the creation of a new strategy to restructure their management team
- Bord Gáis Energy: led a project recovery team on a $25 million project to recover a struggling IT transformation programme