James Rogers is an experienced real estate professional, with over 25 years of continuous corporate real estate industry involvement. He has undertaken roles across a broad range of transactional, operational and management fields, and developed extensive expertise and capabilities in portfolio, asset and property management, asset leasing, acquisition and disposal, and property valuation and analysis.
Having commenced his real estate career as a valuer, James moved into real estate investment management where he worked for a number of well known Australian companies, overseeing investment interests in a range of CBD, metropolitan and regional markets across a number of states and territories. He was a senior member of the asset and portfolio management team for a major investment bank/REIT manager for over 10 years, with responsibility for driving asset and portfolio performance for both listed and unlisted commercial REITs through active management, including formulation, implementation and execution of a range of asset strategies and plans.
Immediately prior to joining FTI Consulting, James led the state based asset management services division for a major real estate agency.
This broad experience, coupled with James’ ‘hands-on’ approach, enables him to capably support and provide practical and meaningful advice to a wide range of stakeholders across a variety of real estate matters.
- Not-for-profit charity - orderly sell-down of a significant property portfolio, comprising a range of residential, commercial and community support facilities, some specialised in nature
- Resort property - divestment on behalf of scheme members, following voluntary wind-up of the scheme
- Range of bulky goods assets - management, repositioning and divestment
- Car yard portfolio - divestment
- Range of industrial assets - management, repositioning and divestment
- Significant development site portfolio - management of divestment which comprised of a mixture of commercial and residential holdings, including oversight of various remediation works