Joey Kazanovski specializes in providing investment banking and financial advisory services to companies and creditors in financial restructurings, special situations financings, sale processes and aviation-specific mandates. Mr. Kazanovski has 15 years of experience and has proffered expert testimony in U.S. Bankruptcy Court on behalf of debtors regarding DIP financing and sale processes.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Kazanovski was a senior professional in Imperial Capital’s Corporate Finance practice, where he managed and directly executed financial restructurings, financings, M&A and strategic advisory mandates with a primary focus on middle-market companies and the aviation sector.
Mr. Kazanovski also previously held positions in Houlihan Lokey’s Financial Restructuring group and PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Business Recovery Services group, where he advised middle market and large corporate clients and creditors in out-of-court and Chapter 11 financial restructurings. He began his career in JPMorgan’s Debt Private Placements group, where he advised issuers across a variety of industries in over $5 billion of debt issuances.
Mr. Kazanovski is frequently invited to join panels on turnaround issues.
- Notable aviation clients:
- European-based low-cost carrier (company)
- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (company)
- Sun Country Airlines (company)
- Bristow Group, Inc. (unsecured creditors committee)
- PHI, Inc. (official equity committee)
- Republic Airways (unsecured creditors committee)
- Southern Air (company)
- Virgin America (company)
- Silver Airways (company)
- Global Aviation (company and creditors)
- Pinnacle Airlines (creditor side)
- Notable non-aviation clients:
- Dayton Superior Corp. (company)
- Bertucci’s Holdings, Inc. (company)
- A.M. Castle & Co. (company)
- KiOR, Inc. (DIP lender)
- Real Mex Restaurants (company)
- Solyndra, Inc. (company)
- Smurfit-Stone Container (company)
T: +1 708 655 4820
350 S. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA, 90071
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
Restructuring / Turnaround Services