Manuel Marin Martinez is a reputed expert in software development, machine learning, big data applied to fraud, AML, expert witness reports, rules optimisation, marketing optimisation, demand/production prediction and non-payment prediction. Manuel is Managing Director and Head of Data Science & Analytics in FTI Consulting (Spain).
For the last twenty years, Manuel has been involved with data science and analytics projects and software development of solutions based on machine learning, robotics and mobile location systems. From 2001 to 2005, he participated in the innovation of software solutions based on location systems using network technology like the mobile location platform of a Spanish listed telecom company. The platform was installed in Spain, Mexico, and Brazil and has millions of users worldwide.
In 2005, Manuel developed the first commercial machine learning platform in Spain to predict customer and patient behaviour patterns. This platform was sited in more than 10 Gartner Reports (HypeCycle of Big Data 2012, Insurers Adopting Fraud Analytics to Drive Loss Reduction and Competitive Advantage 2012, Insurance Market Guide 2016, etc.). Manuel has extensive experience leading data science and analytics projects in financial crime. He also created an AML and antifraud methodology based on machine learning and CRISP-DM which were successfully implemented in four top Spanish and two top international financial entities, and three listed companies. Manuel also has experience working with insurance (P&C and Health), telecom, retail and energy companies, and the public sector. Manuel co-founded a robotics company (2008-2017).
Before joining FTI Consulting, Manuel was the Head of Forensic Data Analytics at PwC Spain in the Forensic and Financial Crime practice (AML and Antifraud). He worked at the PwC Tower in Spain for almost four years and did four months in their Mexican office.
Manuel holds a B.S. degree in Mathematics and Computer Science from The University Complutense of Madrid (Spain) and The University of Liverpool (U.K.) and he is a Professor of Big Data & Analytics at BCSM (Business Consulting School of Management), Spain. Manuel is a member of the Probabilistic Graphical Model Network formed by ten Spanish Universities and more than eighty researchers. He has also authored five papers about machine learning, Bayesian networks, health and predictive analytics.
- Global platform – fraud prevention and detection with artificial intelligence in the purchasing process (2019-2020) – Spanish listed company (Spain).
- Anti-money laundering platform (scenarios combined with analytical models) - prevention and detection (2019) – top Mexican bank (Mexico).
- Global platform to evaluate and compare analytical models in 14 LATAM countries (2013-2015) – Spanish listed telecom company (Spain -Brazil).
- Fraud/money laundering / non-payment prevention and detection with analytical models (2006-2020): (i) 4 top Spanish banks and 2 top international banks, (ii) 5 top insurance companies, (iii) 2 top telecom companies, (iv) 2 top energy and industry listed companies, and (v) a Government institution.
- Marketing optimisation with analytical models (acquisition of new customers, upselling, cross-selling and retention) (2006-2016): (i) 2 top banks, and (ii) 5 top telecom companies.
- IoT and smart cities - demand and production prediction (2006-2016): (i) A top mobile network company, and (ii) 3 top telecom companies.
- Health – predictive analytics (treatments, side effects) (2005-2009): (i) 3 top Spanish hospitals and (ii) a leading infertility clinic.
- Global intranet for 64.000 employees in 20 countries for a worldwide telecommunications company (2004-2005).
Awards & Recognition:
- Everis Foundation's Entrepreneurs Award, Robotics (2013)
T: +34 677 757 732
Paseo de Recoletos 3
Computer Forensics & Investigations
Data & Analytics
Litigation Support & Analytical Services