Mike McCreadie has had over 20 years of experience working in the restructuring and non-performing loan (“NPL”) areas or as a Finance Director in Asia, Australia, Western and Eastern Europe, and the United States.
Mike has extensive experience representing debtors and creditors in and outside of formal bankruptcy proceedings and assisting companies and financial institutions in buying and selling portfolios of loans. Services provided include development and implementation of business plans; cost reduction initiatives; strategic realignment of business units; operational analysis of cash flow projections; development and implementation of cash management programs; operational and financial reporting; negotiations for the sale of businesses; sourcing financing; forensic investigations; valuation of loan portfolio’s and buy and sell side due diligence support.
Mike has experience across a broad range of industries, including financial services, healthcare, retail, energy, manufacturing, consulting, airline, timber, textile and hospitality.
In addition to his client service responsibilities, Mike has been Global Finance Director for PricewaterhouseCoopers, responsible for the overall financial coordination of the Global Financial Advisory Services business. Most recently Mike started up a company in Asia that currently employs over 100 people. While in the United States, Michael was a regular guest lecturer on corporate reorganisation at Georgetown University.
- US Airways - served as an advisor during the reorganization under Chapter 11
- ANZ Bank - undertook due diligence of Royal Bank of Scotland’s loan portfolios in Asia during ANZ’s purchase of RBS’s Asian business in 2009
- Asian based bank - led an engagement to value and review the banks valuation methodology relating to the NPL portfolios purchased by the bank in Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand
- Banksia Securities Limited court actions -prepared an expert witness report in terms of valuation of the assets sold and the timing of these sales in terms of likely recovery amounts
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory - Global Finance Director, responsibilities included preparing the business for sale, preparing three way financial models, data room preparation and management and deal execution
T: +61 3 9604 0612
Level 21, Bourke Place
600 Bourke Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Restructuring / Turnaround Services