Miriam Wrobel specializes in providing strategic, operational and financial solutions to utilities, equity investors, lenders, energy project developers and large energy users. Ms. Wrobel brings more than 20 years of experience in energy and real estate transactions. She advises clients on energy transformation, transaction structuring, due diligence and ESG strategies.
Ms. Wrobel’s work focuses on advising clients on strategies for navigating evolving energy markets and balancing risk and optimizing returns in energy transactions. She advises on market evaluation and forecasting, business model development, M&A due diligence (financial and operational), business transformation, merger integration and performance optimization. Ms. Wrobel has managed a wide range of strategic initiatives for clients.
Prior to Ms. Wrobel’s consulting career, she was the clean energy product specialist within Citigroup’s Municipal Securities Division, advising traders, investment bankers and their clients on renewable energy investments. In this role, she evaluated all renewable energy transactions within the division and led due diligence and negotiation of PPAs, site leases and EPC and asset management contracts for multiple wind and solar municipal pre-pay transactions as well as a securitization of a residential energy retrofit loan portfolio.
Ms. Wrobel also has extensive experience in distributed solar finance, having syndicated tax credits to investors including Wells Fargo, Citi and John Hancock.
Ms. Wrobel began her career in real estate, developing commercial property in Northern California, conducting investment research for Lend Lease Real Estate Investments and underwriting real estate acquisitions for pension funds and other institutional investors in JPMorgan Asset Management’s Real Estate Acquisitions Group.
- Established project financing capacity at national energy services company, resulting in market positioning that drove ~$1 billion of incremental revenue.
- Developed ESG disclosure strategy for national bank with growing renewable energy loan portfolio.
- Advised President and CFO of 10-campus University of California on energy project financing strategy in a severely debt-constrained environment.
- Advised UC Berkeley on evaluating P3, bond and ESG investor-driven financing solutions for $400 million campus energy upgrade.
- Assisted two state Green Banks (California and Hawaii) with development of lending platform and guidelines to stimulate effective use of public revolving loan funds.