Patrick Strong has more than 25 years of consulting experience in all aspects of information technology, infrastructure and software development. Mr. Strong’s background spans executive leadership, strategic planning, project management, enterprise data platforms, advanced analytics technologies, product architecture, software development lifecycle and IT modernization.
Mr. Strong specializes in leading complex projects involving enterprise cloud architectures, data strategy, low-code solutions, business transformation and commercial re-positioning of enterprise software platforms. This includes working with the three major cloud platforms Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform, as well as Hubstream, an advanced graph-like database for structured data and investigative workflows.
Throughout Mr. Strong's career, he has worked with clients in multiple industries, including healthcare, financial services, media, technology and cybersecurity. Some highlights of his work include architecting an enterprise data warehouse and analytics layer for a regional hospital system, re-platforming a legacy thick-client loan origination application onto a modern cloud platform in a private cloud tenant for a financial services company and building a nationwide cybercrime management system for a national government.
Mr. Strong has held executive-level responsibility for software development and data center engineering teams on multiple continents. He has led digital platform transformations, changed development processes and replaced dysfunctional “over the wall” cultures with high-performing, integrated DevOps organizations, driving unit and revenue growth.
- Co-founded the legal technology segment of FTI Consulting and was a member of the executive steering group that grew the business from inception to over $180 million in annual revenue
- Executed market analysis, due diligence and post-merger integration for two software company acquisitions valued at $120 million, increasing strategic capabilities
- Architected and led a multiyear transformation of a thick-client, on-premises enterprise software product into a scalable cloud-native software as a service (“SaaS”) offering
- Created and led a global sales and marketing team of more than 60 people, driving top-line revenue growth for commercial software and services
- Restructured a 120-person research and development (“R&D”) organization to increase productivity, reduce defects and shorten time to market; broke down organizational silos, adopted a DevOps culture and implemented a continuous integration (“CI”)/continuous deployment (“CD”) development methodology
- Led pricing, branding and commercial strategies for a software business, resulting in FTI Consulting being added to the Leaders Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software for three consecutive years and positioning the enterprise software business for eventual sale
- Significantly expanded Hubstream's total addressable market by entering two new solution verticals via direct sales and strategic partnerships