Rob Williams has significant experience in providing tax advisory services to real assets companies, investors, developers and managers.
Rob advises on the taxation aspects of real estate, construction, infrastructure and renewables. In particular, he focuses on, structuring and transactions, including listings and due diligence. His experience spans a broad range of structures, asset classes and jurisdictions.
Rob has worked with a diverse client base including private equity, family offices, private and public companies, institutional funds and public sector industries. Prior to joining FTI Consulting in 2022, Rob spent 16 years working for Deloitte, Ferrovial and the Real Estate & Construction tax group at BDO.
Rob holds a B.A. with Honors in Management Studies from the University of Nottingham and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and the Association of Taxation Technicians.
- Advisor to numerous UK-REITs across lifecycle from pre-conversion structuring and listing/entry through to exit
- Leader of structuring private and public renewables funds, and on acquisition, refinancing and restructuring of numerous solar and wind SPVs located across Europe and Australia
- Due diligence leader on £130m office acquisition by private equity joint venture
- Due diligence leader for listed Hong Kong investor on £110m acquisition of super-prime residential property
- Tax advisor to listed retail and leisure investor on £220m sale of pubs business
- Due diligence and structuring advisor to UK-REIT on £50m logistics acquisition from UK institutional investor
- Tax adviser to investment manager on £50m sale to Employee Ownership Trust
- Due diligence and structuring advice for acquisition of roads, health and social PFI/PPP SPVs by listed infrastructure fund
- Tax advisor to successful consortium bidder for MIM concession