Sam Gregory-Smith is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting. Sam is a member of the Corporate Finance practice and European Tax Advisory group in London.
Sam’s focus is advising on real estate transactions, and has experience that spans a broad range of structures and asset classes. Sam has worked with a diverse real estate client base that includes private equity, family offices, institutional funds and sovereign wealth funds, private and public companies, including real estate investment trusts (“REITs”).
Sam’s tax advisory experience includes due diligence and structuring of acquisitions and disposals, financing and refinancing considerations, exit planning, and tax forecasting, including the management of UK and international teams in dealing with the direct, indirect and transfer tax position on transaction-related matters.
Sam joined FTI Consulting in 2014, having previously been at Deloitte, specialising in the tax matters that impact the real estate, hospitality and leisure industries.
Sam holds a first-class M.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering with Honours from The University of Sheffield. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and sits on the committee of the Future Leaders Group of the Investment Property Forum.
- Acquisition of a £120 million central London residential building for a U.S. private equity fund
- Acquisition of a £185 million portfolio of central London offices and a £146 million central London office for a UK institutional fund manager
- Accumulation of a £285 million portfolio of UK holiday parks for a U.S. private equity fund, and subsequent sale
- Acquisition and subsequent disposal of a £300 million portfolio of UK logistics properties for a joint venture (“JV”) between a U.S. private investor and European private equity fund
- Sale of a £69 million central London office property for an Asian municipal state-owned entity
- Acquisition of a £100 million central London office building for a U.S. private equity fund
- Acquisition of a £180 million office and retail property in central London for a JV between a U.S. private investor and German pension funds
- Sale of a £300 million central London luxury shopping precinct for a joint venture between a U.S. private investor and a European private equity fund
- Formation of a family office-backed fund to invest £200 million in UK real estate
- Acquisition of regional shopping centres by UK Local Authorities
Fellow Chartered Accountant (“FCA”)
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (“ICAEW”)
M.Eng., (Hons), Mechanical Engineering, The University of Sheffield
T: +44 20 3727 1692
London EC1A 4HD
Tax Structuring & Tax Advisory Services