Sid Malhotra co-leads the Operational Due Diligence (“ODD”) service offering and specializes in both merger integrations and carve-outs leading transactions through post-close via cross functional engagement, organizational design, shared service integration/stand-up and business transformation. He has more than 20 years of experience leading due diligences, pre-close/post-close integrations and transformations with an acute focus on exceeding synergy targets and ensuring firm strategy and integration objectives are met. Mr. Malhotra has deep oil and gas, petrochemicals, and chemicals industry and cross-regional expertise including work experience across South America and EMEA, he is fluent in English and Spanish.
Mr. Malhotra’s broader experience includes ‘blue sky’ growth strategy, business strategy planning, mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”), portfolio management, commercial and operational due diligence, channel and customer profitability, product and pricing optimization, research and development innovation, go-to-market planning, operations and supply chain management, network optimization, organization and change management and operations excellence.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Malhotra served as a Chief Transformation Officer (“CTO”) at Morton Salt and has worked across both consulting and global corporations, including KPMG Deal Advisory, AT Kearney, Booz & Co., Celanese, Dow Chemicals and Schlumberger. Mr. Malhotra has published articles across the M&A lifecycle and operations.
Mr. Malhotra served as Chief Transformation Officer and led the integration and transformation office for the largest Americas salt mining company. He led the identification and delivery of the key synergy, integration and transformation initiatives resulting in achieving the first-year results with detailed plans for the upcoming year.
- Led a $5 billion operational due diligence, carve-out and merger integration for a global chemicals company to generate approximately $263 million in EBITDA synergies
- Served as Chief Transformation Officer and leading the integration and transformation office for the largest Americas salt mining company; he led the identification and delivery of the key synergy, integration and transformation initiatives resulting in achieving the first-year results with detailed plans for the upcoming year
- Served as the interim Global VP of Strategy for a large $1 billion industrial company developing the 5-year vision
- Created the M&A growth strategy, conducted commercial and operational due diligence of targets, supported negotiations and developed a merger integration Day 0 to Day 100 plan for a major pulp and paper operator
- Transformed the business of an integrated chemicals firm to build a natural market model by aligning strategy, policies and operations across all functions, including marketing, operation and supply chain, resulting in upwards of a $20 million profit increase, over $60 million in working capital reductions and an 11% increase in customer service levels
Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Lean Sigma Black Belt
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Society of Petroleum Engineers
Member of IMAA
B.S., Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, The University of Houston
M.B.A., Strategy, The University of Texas, Austin
T: +1 832.704.3065
1301 McKinney Street
Houston, TX 77010
Strategy Consulting & Research