Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice addresses the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions.
With economic disputes growing in cost and complexity, FTI Consulting helps companies navigate through each stage of the dispute resolution process.
- International Arbitration: FTI Consulting offers independent advice and expert testimony needed for successful outcomes. Our experts have years of industry experience in damage quantification and in treaty and commercial arbitrations. We provide end-to-end valuation and litigation support, including: determining if a claim is worth pursuing; identifying the correct approaches or methodologies for quantifying damages; evaluating claims in the context of past and future economic damages incurred; and pinpointing the exact type of expertise, evidence and documentation required.
Treaty arbitration: We act for investors and states in ICSID and other arbitrations arising under investment treaties.
Commercial arbitration: We advise in AAA, LCIA, CRCICA, SCC, DIAC, HKIAC, SIAC, UNCITRAL, ICDR-AAA, ICC and other arbitrations of commercial disputes with seats worldwide.
- Litigation: Our experts regularly serve as expert witnesses, providing articulate, independent and relevant oral and written evidence in support of a variety of contentious situations including Intellectual property valuations, Breach of contract, Tort, Breach of treaty obligations, and Matrimonial disputes
Collectively, our team has authored several thousand reports to courts and tribunals and been cross examined on over 400 occasions. We accept instructions in these disciplines in over 95 substantial cases each year.
FTI Consulting combines expertise in accounting, finance and economics together with in-depth knowledge and experience working with organizations facing complex competition issues.
Given our experience in matters dealing with accounting, finance and economic issues, our experts have experience with analyses related to issues which arise under the Competition Act.
- Evaluation of Economic Synergies: Our team has extensive experience in assisting the Mergers and Monopolistic Practices Branch with the evaluation and review of synergies and efficiencies that may result in a merger or acquisition and in determining whether such efficiencies are cognizable under the Competition Act.
- Evaluation of Damages: Our team has experience in assisting the Cartels and Deceptive Marketing Practices Branch of the Competition Bureau with the analysis and quantification of economic damages resulting from false or misleading representations and deceptive marketing practices identified under the Competition Act.
FTI Consulting provides economic and financial advice on intellectual property matters, where thoughtful and tailored analysis is vital.
FTI Consulting helps clients understand and maximize the value of their intangible business assets. Our work includes expert evidence for courts and tribunals, advice on tax and transfer pricing issues, IP valuation and the determination of royalty rates in commercial transactions, corporate restructuring, transfer pricing and public policy advice.
We deliver clear and structured written and oral advice. In addition, we are experienced at applying quantitative techniques, involving surveys and choice modeling.
Our team is comprised of economists, econometricians and accountants, each with practical experience of intellectual property matters.
FTI Consulting helps clients identify and understand the value of their businesses in both contentious and non-contentious situations.
FTI Consulting helps clients assess the value of their businesses and assets by providing robust, independent valuation opinions. We combine our expertise in finance and economics to provide insight into underlying value drivers.
We help clients identify and understand the value of their businesses in both contentious and non-contentious situations, such as:
- Group restructuring and fiscal valuations
- Transactions and disputes between shareholders
- Post-acquisition disputes and expropriation claims
- Matrimonial disputes
- Regulatory and accounting valuations
- Investor relations and fundraising
- Financial products valuations
- Intellectual property valuations
With years of industry experience, we help clients determine whether or not a claim is worth pursuing and, if it is, identify the correct methodologies for quantifying damages. We are also able to help evaluate claims in the context of past and future economic loss and specify the type of expertise, evidence and documentation required.
Construction schedule and quantum expert witness testimony and construction claims support: delay analysis, loss of productivity analysis, valuation of changes, claim preparation and evaluation and commercial management.
Forensic & Litigation Consulting
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
We help clients with complex factual, financial and business-critical investigations, combining expertise in corporate internal investigations, anti-bribery and foreign corruption risk assessments, litigation intelligence and commercial disputes with a deep understanding of the multijurisdictional investigative process.
Forensic Technology & E-discovery
Our team of experts can help identify, collect, search, review and produce electronic evidence in a more efficient and defensible manner, whether you are responding to a regulatory investigation, conducting an internal audit or handling a dispute. Our team has extensive experience handling everything from Anton Piller Orders to Supplementary Information Requests from the Competition Bureau.
Our services include:
- Data collection, processing and hosting in RelativityOne
- Highly scalable and secure data processing and hosting capability that adheres to local data privacy restrictions
- Digital forensic investigations
- Information Governance & Data Privacy
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East, Africa
- State / Province