Strengthening the ESG Program at a PE-Owned Software Company
January 16, 2024
Private Equity Consulting Learn moreA private equity-owned, cloud-based software company engaged FTI Consulting to assess, restructure and redevelop its ESG program and improve its data collection.
FTI Consulting’s work enabled the client to implement a robust ESG strategy:
- The client has reliable, consistent data collection and analysis to withstand future due diligence and audits.
- FTI Consulting provided insight into the company’s current state ESG processes and recommendations for developing a strong and credible program.
- FTI Consulting delivered a comprehensive list of material ESG issues that drive the most value for the client and allow for internal alignment on priorities.
- FTI Consulting established the criteria and prioritized the objectives to serve as a foundation for the client’s ESG program.
- The team structured the program by assessing the organization’s sustainability efforts and identifying existing ESG opportunities and gaps based on interviews with key personnel and an in-depth document analysis.
- Based on the assessment, FTI Consulting then created a strategic roadmap that provided in-depth recommendations for leadership to prioritize the company’s ESG growth and evolution over a three-year period, including governance best practices, KPI development, process coordination, framework alignment protocols and communications strategies- among others.