Amar Singh is a Managing Director of FTI Consulting’s dedicated Corporate Finance and Restructuring team. He has fourteen years’ experience in operational and financial restructuring and change management matters across multiple geographies.
Amar has a strong ability to swiftly understand businesses, their circumstances, commercial affairs, and key drivers. His experience includes assisting organisations during times of change and uncertainty, developing tactical responses to operational and financial issues, and working together with stakeholders to preserve or create sustainable value.
Amar has conducted various Independent Business Reviews (company/creditor side). Typical matters include – operational decline, working capital constraints, credit/default risk. He has also conducted financial review of a global owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation vessels. The matter involved a current-state review against a proposed restructuring plan, to provide recommendations as to its viability, having regard to debt exposure levels and estimated returns.
- Debt restructure of a publicly listed mining and mining services company with interests in Australia, Canada, Namibia, and Malawi. Project involved care and maintenance of mines, formulating a restructuring plan, bank negotiations to obtain funding, debt equity swap negotiations with key bondholders and offtake partners, subscription of new notes, recapitalisation, regulatory approval, and ASX requotation.
- Market feasibility study/Business Due Diligence for a global conglomerate considering entry into the palm oil by-products industry in Malaysia and Indonesia. Developed financial model to support investment business case
- Debt refinance support for a regional restaurant chain with a strong presence in Singapore, Hong Kong, and China. Matter involved cash and liquidity management, financial plan preparation, transaction support, and accounting support.
- Wind-down planning and implementation of a real estate group with 250+ companies. Engagement included a detailed review of intermingled funds and account reconstructions to develop financial profile. Project was undertaken at the behest of Australia’s corporate regulator, to assist with allegations of an international Ponzi scheme, with c. AUD150m in capital raised, largely from non-institutional investors based in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Separation of an ophthalmology business from a global pharmaceutical company. Led APAC post-separation activities to achieve market authorisation across 14 countries. Engagement involved a readiness assessment (regulatory requirements, labelling changes, bridging/cut-over stock requirements), regional and country-level planning workshops, execution and project management support.
- Integration blueprint and planning for a large regional technology company that acquired an Indonesian start-up payments platform and POS company. Engagement involved designing and validating: Day-1 and end-state commercial model (markets, branding, channels etc.), operating model (processes, people, technology, contracts, assets, IP, regulatory compliance etc.), communication and change management plans
B.B.A., Banking and Finance, Queensland University of Technology
G.Dip., Chartered Accounting, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Insolvency Education Program, Australian Restructuring and Insolvency Turnaround Association
T: +65 6831 7817
1 RAFFLES QUAY
#27-10 SOUTH TOWER
Financial Due Diligence
Financial Planning & Analysis