Eck Herych is a senior leader in risk, compliance, data privacy and information governance, with more than 20 years of hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical and other highly regulated industries. Mr. Herych leads FTI Technology’s Information Governance, Privacy & Security practice in Switzerland and is an expert in data breach response, General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) compliance and handling high-stakes regulatory challenges.
Mr. Herych’s background in developing, executing and leading global compliance and data privacy programs as both a consultant and in-house leader supports clients across change management, project and program quality, compliance training, risk assessments, workflow improvements and expediting regulatory compliance across the spectrum of data and regulation. He has developed methodologies for cross-divisional, defensible records retention and disposition programs, served as a data protection officer for multiple organisations and implemented GDPR compliance programs.
Prior to joining FTI Technology, Mr. Herych was Head Life Sciences Switzerland for a Fortune 500 company, where he managed and expanded the Switzerland team, oversaw operational strategy, led compliance and served as the organization’s data privacy officer in Switzerland, Germany and Poland. He has held numerous leadership roles at global corporations and consultancies, as well as research and faculty roles at healthcare and academic institutions.
- Directed conceptual development of ground-breaking new methodology in records and retention management that enabled legally defensible disposition and disposal programs
- Initiated governance and compliance related activities and projects to promote change and development of governance processes
- Led privacy assessments and global framework implementation at a multinational company
- Responsible for the initiation, development and implementation of compliance concepts and strategies for branding, migration and integration
- Maintained GDPR processes and tools in manufacturing and non-manufacturing sites and entities
Awards & Recognition:
- IOD: Silver Client Reference Award, ECM, IBM (2012)
- IOD: Business Value Award, Global Retention Policy and Schedule Management System, IBM (2011)
Institute for Credentialing Excellence (“ICE”)
OneTrust Certified Professional
M.A., Philosophy, Penn State University
M.A., Bioethics and Clinical Ethics, Loyola University Chicago
T: +49 171 814 2222
Zurich, ZH 8002