Oliver Pumfrey is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He manages the Life Sciences Tax team and is based in London.
Oliver has over 17 years’ experience but prior to joining FTI Consulting, he worked in an industry where he was responsible for all taxes across the EMEA region for a multinational US-listed group. Prior to that, Oliver spent 10 years with PWC, working across a number of tax areas including corporate tax, employment taxes and the tax technical knowledge team.
Having joined FTI Consulting in 2016, Oliver supports Life Sciences clients across a range of tax matters including R&D incentive claims for large enterprises and SMEs and related transactional advice and planning. He also advises on the Enterprise Investment Scheme, licensing of intellectual property rights and Patent Box elections in regard to optimal timing and the potential benefits.
Oliver holds a BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry from Imperial College, London and is an Associate of the Royal College of Science. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant (ACA) in 2010 and became a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales in 2020.
- Worked with a Belgian multi-national company to acquire recycling plants in the UK.
- Advised on a demerger of a UK company in advance of listing on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM).
- Supported a TMT client in managing risks around the Corporate Criminal Offence of the Facilitation of Tax Evasion following enquiries from HMRC.
- Developed a Transfer Pricing strategy for UK headquartered biotechnology company looking towards international expansion.
- Prepared a company for listing on the public market.
- Worked with a number of UK SMEs supporting their fundraising efforts through advising on the Enterprise Investment Scheme.
- Advised a life sciences company through the due diligence process ahead of sale.