Sergio Masip Bodi has extensive experience in advising stakeholders in complex international financial restructurings. Sergio specialises in advising international lenders and creditors.
Sergio leads the restructuring process end to end, from establishing a robust information platform (undertaking independent business reviews and short term liquidity assessments) to evaluating options for stakeholders and negotiating and executing the commercial deal.
Sergio has experience across a multitude of geographies and industries, including retail, luxury and consumer products, industrial products and energy. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Sergio worked in EY’s Restructuring team in Spain. Previously, he worked for KPMG in Barcelona within the Deal Advisory practice.
Sergio holds an M.B.A. from ESADE and an Executive Master in Corporate Finance and Law from ESADE and NYU Stern. Sergio earned his dual degree in International Business Management from the University of Valencia, Spain and KEDGE Business School in Marseille, France.
- Led the financial review of a Turkish renewable energy business and advised the lender on the group’s debt restructuring
- Led the independent business review of a weaving business (with operations in EMEA, USA and China) and advised the RCF lenders and noteholders throughout the sale process of the business
- Led the business review and financial advisory to the secured lenders of a UK-based luxury yacht manufacturer to support the amendment of debt facilities
- Involved in the independent business review of a UK-based commercial banknote printer and provided financial advice to the RCF and bonding lenders in support of an equity raise
- Involved in the IBR and options assessment for secured lenders of a Netherlands-based subsea service provider
T: +44 7866 166 693
London EC1A 4HD
Business Plan Review
Restructuring / Turnaround Services